Confused about eligibility to be rehired

Verde

Hello, I was trying to apply for a position as a Warehouse Worker (Package Handler) at a location that I worked at for a month this past summer before going back to school but it simply tells me "Thank you for your interest in opportunities with UPS, however our records indicate that as a former employee of UPS you are not currently eligible for rehire." and I have no idea why. I left on good terms and did my job and my manager said that I would be able to be rehired, but this is apparently not the case. Is there a specific reason why this is so that I could find out? Is there someone I could even contact to find out more about this? Thank you very much for your time, I just do not even know the reasons why this happens in the first place.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Hello, I was trying to apply for a position as a Warehouse Worker (Package Handler) at a location that I worked at for a month this past summer before going back to school but it simply tells me "Thank you for your interest in opportunities with UPS, however our records indicate that as a former employee of UPS you are not currently eligible for rehire." and I have no idea why. I left on good terms and did my job and my manager said that I would be able to be rehired, but this is apparently not the case. Is there a specific reason why this is so that I could find out? Is there someone I could even contact to find out more about this? Thank you very much for your time, I just do not even know the reasons why this happens in the first place.
Go to the building and talk to HR

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You worked there for a month last year...were you a summer seasonal employee or were you a regular employee who just wanted a summer job when they hired you?

If you were a regular employee hired for the job, they didn’t expect you to quit when the summer was over. I believe if you quit within six months (or a year, I’m unsure of the exact length of time), you are automatically marked as a no rehire. It’s a business, not a summer camp.

Don't Judge Me

Yep, gotta go to the building and talk to someone. Make a presence, a phone call won't ever be good enough. Now, I will say, from everything I've heard, was told and read overturning a no-rehire is not common. But your best chances are to show your face, and show them you want to work. If you're gonna try to get rehired, and are successful, don't leave again because there's a 100% chance they wouldn't overturn it twice.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
@burrheadd