Congratulations on pension increase

Xexys

Retired and Happy
You are so right...Obviously you know how I got that nickname.............That was indeed my Motto...Having fun with the Green sheets and clicks...The Good old Days for sure...Milkin it to the Max!!!!!:choir:
I can attest to this. I know The Milkman. He actually gave me a box full of 3x5 cards for the route that I finally got with every old number and new number with directions to 75% of my route. Super nice guy. We gave him the nickname because he would have cards filled with his days; how many miles; how many stops; how many COD's; how many call tags; etc...then he would go into the office the next day and see how much over or under he was for that particular day. He did everything by the book, nothing out of order and he would match up his current day with his cards to see how much time he had left to kill in the day. Many days I would see him behind the Mickey D's killing time before he would have to come in. Ah, the good ole days before GPS. We both were off the road clerking around the time of when DIAD three hit. And we were the first batch in the country to get that damn machine. Everybody called him the Milkman.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can attest to this. I know The Milkman. He actually gave me a box full of 3x5 cards for the route that I finally got with every old number and new number with directions to 75% of my route. Super nice guy. We gave him the nickname because he would have cards filled with his days; how many miles; how many stops; how many COD's; how many call tags; etc...then he would go into the office the next day and see how much over or under he was for that particular day. He did everything by the book, nothing out of order and he would match up his current day with his cards to see how much time he had left to kill in the day. Many days I would see him behind the Mickey D's killing time before he would have to come in. Ah, the good ole days before GPS. We both were off the road clerking around the time of when DIAD three hit. And we were the first batch in the country to get that damn machine. Everybody called him the Milkman.

​I assume when he ran over, he would adjust his clock out time so he was still scratch?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

​Gee, why do we have all this technology now?

Ramster

I am sure this has been talked about before,but just curious what your thoughts are of us retirees that have to pay 400 dollars a month (family) for medical. More power to you but always wondered how our decision makers thought this was fair.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
​Gee, why do we have all this technology now?

I also had a Center Manager that when he drove before going into management would hit the matinee at the theater before coming in to clock out. I also saw more than 4 of my supervisors get fired for fudging the numbers on their drivers. People that didn't watch what time they punched out or never complained about shortages in their checks were the ones they targeted. Lots of crazy stuff the new generation of drivers would never think could have or even would have happened on a daily basis actually took place routinely. Watch your backs always, UPS management is not your friend!

Xexys

Retired and Happy
​I assume when he ran over, he would adjust his clock out time so he was still scratch?

Logged it in his cards and adjusted accordingly the following time he was near those same numbers. Your attempt at humor has fallen short on me.

The Milkman

Logged it in his cards and adjusted accordingly the following time he was near those same numbers. Your attempt at humor has fallen short on me.

You know me well! By doing that, I gave them their numbers which they were so concerned about.. That's all that mattered. It was and still is a #'s game today,I kept the bullseye off my back and at times would go over and above. Alot of other drivers would take some ideas and use them to their advantage.. Did what I had to do, Xexys remember that one woman I forgot her name that went out in Flemington did about 8 stops in 8 hrs and she did not catch any greif..Cynthia I think was her name. Yes wear a dress and at times rules changed although there were a few that carried their weight big time. Glad to hear that you remembered them good old days although sometimes you ran way under my times when I was on vacation, you were a runner and gunner and I used to get on ya for that but in due time when you got your own route you settled down and realized that you were not doing the company any favors..I would cause them fits today if I was driving...Big Brother Vs. the Milkman..The Milkman whose Shrine is a permanent and worshipped exhibit in the Meadowlands still stands today as a reminder to those who follow in his footsteps that yes you can beat them at their game..Nuff Said:gun_banda

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This just proves that the allowance system has always been rigged...even some of these "old timers" trying to game the system...maybe a better way is actually give us the "correct" time based off of load, how heavy and bulky the package...but wait, that would be the right thing to do and corporations aren't into doing that sort of thing..

cb1969

To bad that the premiums that when you retire and start collecting that pension are more than the 400.00 and the higher deductibles and 80/20 coverage. If that take more of something else in are health and welfare then its not really an increase is it?

The Milkman

This just proves that the allowance system has always been rigged...even some of these "old timers" trying to game the system...maybe a better way is actually give us the "correct" time based off of load, how heavy and bulky the package...but wait, that would be the right thing to do and corporations aren't into doing that sort of thing..

:goodpost::youreright:

Xexys

Retired and Happy
You know me well! By doing that, I gave them their numbers which they were so concerned about.. That's all that mattered. It was and still is a #'s game today,I kept the bullseye off my back and at times would go over and above. Alot of other drivers would take some ideas and use them to their advantage.. Did what I had to do, Xexys remember that one woman I forgot her name that went out in Flemington did about 8 stops in 8 hrs and she did not catch any greif..Cynthia I think was her name. Yes wear a dress and at times rules changed although there were a few that carried their weight big time. Glad to hear that you remembered them good old days although sometimes you ran way under my times when I was on vacation, you were a runner and gunner and I used to get on ya for that but in due time when you got your own route you settled down and realized that you were not doing the company any favors..I would cause them fits today if I was driving...Big Brother Vs. the Milkman..The Milkman whose Shrine is a permanent and worshipped exhibit in the Meadowlands still stands today as a reminder to those who follow in his footsteps that yes you can beat them at their game..Nuff Said:gun_banda

Yep, that was her. Remember though she was minority and barely 5 foot tall. She needed a booster seat just to see over the steering wheel.

Yeah, I don't think I'd consider myself a runner and gunner though. I just have a very good memory and could remember quite a lot of the stops that I had on the truck. I would sort the truck once in the morning when I had the room and could pretty much remember it from that point on. Don't forget, I still hold the record in Bound Brook for knowing the most routes; 56. That was before Mt. Olive opened and we sent all the Washington routes to them. I saw those drivers more than the BB drivers since my route was on the border. Most of these guys probably never even drove a true RD route. Those were the worst!

Xexys

Retired and Happy
To bad that the premiums that when you retire and start collecting that pension are more than the 400.00 and the higher deductibles and 80/20 coverage. If that take more of something else in are health and welfare then its not really an increase is it?

Depends on your local. Every year before October you have a chance to switch your coverage. We were "told" that 4 years before retirement you had to change your coverage to one of the retirement plans. This turned out to be false, but I'm digressing. I changed mine and glad I did. 100% hospital coverage; free prescription coverage if ordered online in 3 month batches, $5.00 co-pay if not. All doctor visits are covered except 10%. Dental is also 90% covered. Only bitch I have is the vision coverage. Nothing like what we had as active employees.

Just a note to those that are not in the know...if and when you retire and you still have kids either living with you or not. They are NOT covered until the age of 26. If your kid is in school he/she will only be covered under your plan until the age of 25.

The Milkman

Yep, that was her. Remember though she was minority and barely 5 foot tall. She needed a booster seat just to see over the steering wheel.

Yeah, I don't think I'd consider myself a runner and gunner though. I just have a very good memory and could remember quite a lot of the stops that I had on the truck. I would sort the truck once in the morning when I had the room and could pretty much remember it from that point on. Don't forget, I still hold the record in Bound Brook for knowing the most routes; 56. That was before Mt. Olive opened and we sent all the Washington routes to them. I saw those drivers more than the BB drivers since my route was on the border. Most of these guys probably never even drove a true RD route. Those were the worst!

Yes now I remember some people telling me you had a photographic memory or something like that..So you did not have to deal with the brain drain us mortals had to deal with..Maybe a few stops ahead but not most of the jam packed 5 cube..:peaceful: