Considering going driver

jaker

trolling
Nothing in the contract about waiting ten years to become full time driver lol....worked pre load for 10 months and now full time driver. Most of the info on here is distorted, some is helpful.
Not distorted , different across the nation

Here it's 7+ years to go FT and another 12 to go feeder

Cgs1226

I know there are all different waiting periods. Not cause of contract, just depending on the wait. There is no set period to wait in contract. If spots open up and you're next in line, it is then your opportunity.

W

What The Hawk?

I will be learning stick in the next few months. In my center I was told people can become a driver in 6 months.

W

What The Hawk?

People are told everything in every way. What kind of driver? When? Where? Sure, you could luck out, but the wait is typically a few years even at a small center.

At least until they're hired right off the street.
I'm waiting a year anyway. I don't want to go from one probation period to another.

Dr.Brownz

Nope---it is in the contract--- one must wait 10 years before becoming a driver.

The thought process was that they would feel as though they earned it rather than to have a FT job handed to them.

Kind of like how you were just handed a FT spot for being a suck up to management?

Dr.Brownz

A full time driver, yes. Part time cover driver, depends. About a year where I'm at.

I only had to be a PTer for 6 months before I took a FT driver spot.

OP it all depends on how long or short the seniority list for PTers is, They give the highest seniority guy first shot at driving then on down the list. There is no 10 year mandatory wait. That is just how long some people go as a PTer before they reach the top of the list and go driving.

I only had to be a PTer for 6 months before I took a FT driver spot.

OP it all depends on how long or short the seniority list for PTers is, They give the highest seniority guy first shot at driving then on down the list. There is no 10 year mandatory wait. That is just how long some people go as a PTer before they reach the top of the list and go driving.
Uh-huh. Our list didn't move, then it lurched, then settled down, now next year we have a feeder driver and about 3 or 4 ft drivers retiring. I'm getting in the bull pen.

I'm waiting a year anyway. I don't want to go from one probation period to another.
Bad call, it could take 6 months, but there is no guarantee. It could take you years for your next opportunity. You have had 1-3 borrowed by another center. Last week they borrowed 1?driver from your center most last week.