Considering going to package car driving

Kevin222

I work my butt off as a part time and am really looking to get a fulltime job like package car and i am trying to find all informatin about the job. I talk to drivers and they say that it is hard work which I dont mind. One driver said that he almost made $100,000 last year? Is that even possible? If so I'm all in. The physical part of the job does not scare me as I love working out. But that seems like an unbelievable amount of money. Can anyone confirm.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Yes it is hard both physically and mentally. It is very demanding and if you don't mind working 10 to 11 hours a day it's the job for you. If you want to have a somewhat normal life outside of work, if you want to be at all your kids functions, and if you want to have dinner with your family every night---forget it.

Rholly

Depends on the route. $80 to $90 is more like it. To make that kind of money you will be at work at least 12 hrs a day. And put up with a lot of B.S. Delivering to customers can and for the most part be fun. It's always nice to give someone something. It usually puts a smile on their face. Just remember that with the new UPS management, you will never be good enough or fast enough

Kevin222

I am trying to keep a positive attitude but the more I read on this site, the more it seems like ppl are really miserable at ups.

Griff

a lot of people, even drivers, don't realize how difficult it is to approach or break the 100k mark.

too lazy to break it down with math but you will have zero life outside of a brown truck if you even approach 100k.

I make 85-90k every year and that's with many, many nights where I'm driving home from work at 8:30,9:30,10pm at night.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Anonymous 12

Non active member
I work my butt off as a part time and am really looking to get a fulltime job like package car and i am trying to find all informatin about the job. I talk to drivers and they say that it is hard work which I dont mind. One driver said that he almost made $100,000 last year? Is that even possible? If so I'm all in. The physical part of the job does not scare me as I love working out. But that seems like an unbelievable amount of money. Can anyone confirm.
Yeah it's possible I have both the last couple years it takes a toll though.

over9five

Staff member
I am trying to keep a positive attitude but the more I read on this site, the more it seems like ppl are really miserable at ups.
People come to websites like this to complain.
Truth is, it's a very secure job where you'll make a lot more cake than your friends.
People complain here, but you don't see them quit, do you?

Kevin222

People come to websites like this to complain.
Truth is, it's a very secure job where you'll make a lot more cake than your friends.
People complain here, but you don't see them quit, do you?
Is there a non-complaining website? I am very serious because I really would like as much info as possible but not if it is all negative

Notretiredyet

We just had a bid sheet put up for 6 FT package car positions, only 4 signed up. Word is out that being a package rat isn't all that great. The money's good but to many it isn't worth the price you pay in time away from your family and friends.

over9five

Staff member
. The money's good but to many it isn't worth the price you pay in time away from your family and friends.
True, and the time to make that decision is BEFORE you bid the job. Because if you wait, you will become hooked on the money and your decision will be made for you.