Constant schedule changes

Those dinosaurs fought tooth and nail for a very long time for you to keep your union protections OP.

I understand you want this position but show some respect for your brothers and sisters.

upschuck

Is it not retroactive?
No, contract states 18 months of ratification, with an additional 6 months for a small number of drivers.

2. It is the commitment of the parties that RPCDs work a Monday through Friday schedule. To that end the parties agree that all RPCDs currently working a Tuesday through Saturday schedule will transition to a Monday through Friday schedule as soon as practicable, within eighteen (18) months of ratification. The Company shall have an additional six (6) months for drivers hired directly into a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.

Appreciate all the replies. I was just more wondering if it was ok to keep jumping back and forth especially after a year of not needing me at all. It all started when new center manager came in. That's why it struck me as odd and make me think there was more to it than just "we need you" cough cough

I'm surprised no one touched on this but are they doing this to other drivers? As in, are there other drivers whom are lower in seniority who are remaining on the Mon-Fri list while you're being forced back to Tues-Sat? Because that's all the real grounds for grievance you would have in this situation, that I am aware of.

If you look at it from managements perspective, they need enough drivers to fulfill the routes necessary to run their Saturday operation. If a Saturday driver quits or they decide to add more routes, etc. Then they need to be able to fill that void. You might be in that fluctuation range in terms of seniority and there really isn't much recourse for you in this situation. However, Saturdays are still new, they're feeling it out and I'm sure will get a more sustainable plan for those Saturdays.

I know Saturday's suck, I had to do it for just a few weeks when it all started but I was on the top of the seniority list for Saturdays and basically got to choose any route. It wasn't bad but I hate working weekends. I get it.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I'm surprised no one touched on this but are they doing this to other drivers? As in, are there other drivers whom are lower in seniority who are remaining on the Mon-Fri list while you're being forced back to Tues-Sat? Because that's all the real grounds for grievance you would have in this situation, that I am aware of.

If you look at it from managements perspective, they need enough drivers to fulfill the routes necessary to run their Saturday operation. If a Saturday driver quits or they decide to add more routes, etc. Then they need to be able to fill that void. You might be in that fluctuation range in terms of seniority and there really isn't much recourse for you in this situation. However, Saturdays are still new, they're feeling it out and I'm sure will get a more sustainable plan for those Saturdays.

I know Saturday's suck, I had to do it for just a few weeks when it all started but I was on the top of the seniority list for Saturdays and basically got to choose any route. It wasn't bad but I hate working weekends. I get it.

I totally understand that. What I don't think anyone is getting is that the routes have actually gone down while still maintaining the same staffing level. No new drivers in, nobody quit or no one got fired. This maintained for the entire year I didn't work Saturdays. Also there is a fully qualified drive r sitting at home with his dick in his hand because hub manager won't sign off on him just yet. This isn't just a simple hey guy schedule change. There are multiple moving parts and that's where the question comes from.

35years

Gravy route
Once you've gotten 35-40 years you've had enough. You're just holding people down at that point.

I was going to post the language that applies to your situation but then you post this.

You want the protection of your seniority rights but you disrespect those who have been grinding it out for decades.

So figure out the contract yourself. Those dinosaurs are just holding you down, right? Typical self entitled Millennials!

Someone look up my rights for me. Steward sucks because I don't get my way. I sould get the shift I want. I am being harrassed because I don't get my way.

Does your mommy still make your lunch for you?

Rack em

Made the Podium
I was going to post the language that applies to your situation but then you post this.

You want the protection of your seniority rights but you disrespect those who have been grinding it out for decades.

So figure out the contract yourself. Those dinosaurs are just holding you down, right? Typical self entitled Millennials!

Someone look up my rights for me. Steward sucks because I don't get my way. I sould get the shift I want. I am being harrassed because I don't get my way.

Spot on brother, couldn't have said it any better!

5Cube4Life

I totally understand that. What I don't think anyone is getting is that the routes have actually gone down while still maintaining the same staffing level. No new drivers in, nobody quit or no one got fired. This maintained for the entire year I didn't work Saturdays. Also there is a fully qualified drive r sitting at home with his dick in his hand because hub manager won't sign off on him just yet. This isn't just a simple hey guy schedule change. There are multiple moving parts and that's where the question comes from.
I am guessing since you are low in seniority they moved you back to Saturdays. Weekly vacations are amping up, they may have seasonals soon to use on Mondays. Also, they may be increasing their Saturday roster for the summer. Call offs seem to always increase in the summer, especially Saturdays.

Needabiggerhammer

As a millennial it's interesting to see both the perception and reality of millennials in the workplace.
OP very much has what I'd say is now seen as an entitled millennial attitude. However I think it's more just that he's young and invincible and eager to prove himself and get his and anyone who stands in his way must be an :censored2:. We've had guys like that for all of time, young guys especially.
Keeping in mind that the youngest millennials are 22 right now while the oldest are nearing 40...I see a lot of fist-shaking at millennials coming from millennials. And funnier than that, I see millennials fist-shaking and complaining about millennials while referring to generation Z, the kids after millennials. Oldest of those are about 20 or 21 now. So college kids are no longer millennials for the most part.

Anyway, I think that attitude is more prevalent in some (especially younger) millennials because of the way they were raised on a societal level, not just by their parents. But I also think that most of them are disabused of it and grow out of it as they live in the real world.

Food for thought. Yes I'm a millennial, no I'm not a transient part time package slave, and no my mommy doesn't pack my lunch or pay my bills.

Edit: and when it comes to generation Z, sorry I think we're :censored2:ed.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
As a millennial it's interesting to see both the perception and reality of millennials in the workplace.
OP very much has what I'd say is now seen as an entitled millennial attitude. However I think it's more just that he's young and invincible and eager to prove himself and get his and anyone who stands in his way must be an :censored2:. We've had guys like that for all of time, young guys especially.
Keeping in mind that the youngest millennials are 22 right now while the oldest are nearing 40...I see a lot of fist-shaking at millennials coming from millennials. And funnier than that, I see millennials fist-shaking and complaining about millennials while referring to generation Z, the kids after millennials. Oldest of those are about 20 or 21 now. So college kids are no longer millennials for the most part.

Anyway, I think that attitude is more prevalent in some (especially younger) millennials because of the way they were raised on a societal level, not just by their parents. But I also think that most of them are disabused of it and grow out of it as they live in the real world.

Food for thought. Yes I'm a millennial, no I'm not a transient part time package slave, and no my mommy doesn't pack my lunch or pay my bills.

Edit: and when it comes to generation Z, sorry I think we're :censored2:ed.
why though