Constant schedule changes

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I was going to post the language that applies to your situation but then you post this.

You want the protection of your seniority rights but you disrespect those who have been grinding it out for decades.

So figure out the contract yourself. Those dinosaurs are just holding you down, right? Typical self entitled Millennials!

Someone look up my rights for me. Steward sucks because I don't get my way. I sould get the shift I want. I am being harrassed because I don't get my way.

Does your mommy still make your lunch for you?

Haha Jesus you people crack me up. It's about the switch back and forth back and forth back and forth. It's not about that guy holding on past 35-40 years. That is the question. Not which tampon you need to get through your monthly flow. It doesn't not come from a place of entitlement. It comes from a simple question of right and wrong and if it's allowed. There is a difference between being a company guy and getting openly :censored2:ed. Now in your long and strenuous 35 years did you experience anything related to this? If you did more power to you. You obviously put up with it and kept on trucking. Good for you. I ask a question on here to find an answer. That's kind of the whole point of this website. If you don't like my "entitled" attitude (which is different from your own and that's fine) then move along pal. I simply like to get kissed before I get :censored2:ed. You obviously enjoy it the other way around.

Misthios

As a millennial it's interesting to see both the perception and reality of millennials in the workplace.
OP very much has what I'd say is now seen as an entitled millennial attitude. However I think it's more just that he's young and invincible and eager to prove himself and get his and anyone who stands in his way must be an :censored2:. We've had guys like that for all of time, young guys especially.
Keeping in mind that the youngest millennials are 22 right now while the oldest are nearing 40...I see a lot of fist-shaking at millennials coming from millennials. And funnier than that, I see millennials fist-shaking and complaining about millennials while referring to generation Z, the kids after millennials. Oldest of those are about 20 or 21 now. So college kids are no longer millennials for the most part.

Anyway, I think that attitude is more prevalent in some (especially younger) millennials because of the way they were raised on a societal level, not just by their parents. But I also think that most of them are disabused of it and grow out of it as they live in the real world.

Food for thought. Yes I'm a millennial, no I'm not a transient part time package slave, and no my mommy doesn't pack my lunch or pay my bills.

Edit: and when it comes to generation Z, sorry I think we're :censored2:ed.

Also it has nothing to do with entitlement. I don't feel entitled to anything. I've worked for everything I have. Worked my fingers to the Bone the old fashioned way to get where I am in life. First person in my family to make it out of the hood and into the suburbs. First person to not rely on government assistance. So it's got nothing to do with an entitled attitude. It has to do with the bull:censored2: side of it. Imagine for yourself or anyone that reads this. You're told ok hey we need you a few Saturdays since we fired this idiot. He should have his job back in a couple weeks so no big deal. He gets his job back as stated. Now you're 7 Saturdays in and they have yet to actually need you. Every Saturday you're given the option to go home. So now I'm left with a choice do I take a 4 day paid week or do I work that fifth day because I'm the only one working in my house. So now 8 Saturdays and still they have not needed you one time and 6 of those Saturdays they have sent multiple people home. Is it entitled for me to raise my hand say hey boss that math don't make sense. Somehow not walking the company line of yes sir I'll do whatever you ask has turned into entitlement? All of you are reaching something fierce.

Needabiggerhammer

Also it has nothing to do with entitlement. I don't feel entitled to anything. I've worked for everything I have. Worked my fingers to the Bone the old fashioned way to get where I am in life. First person in my family to make it out of the hood and into the suburbs. First person to not rely on government assistance. So it's got nothing to do with an entitled attitude. It has to do with the bull:censored2: side of it. Imagine for yourself or anyone that reads this. You're told ok hey we need you a few Saturdays since we fired this idiot. He should have his job back in a couple weeks so no big deal. He gets his job back as stated. Now you're 7 Saturdays in and they have yet to actually need you. Every Saturday you're given the option to go home. So now I'm left with a choice do I take a 4 day paid week or do I work that fifth day because I'm the only one working in my house. So now 8 Saturdays and still they have not needed you one time and 6 of those Saturdays they have sent multiple people home. Is it entitled for me to raise my hand say hey boss that math don't make sense. Somehow not walking the company line of yes sir I'll do whatever you ask has turned into entitlement? All of you are reaching something fierce.

And the entitlement in your attitude shines through when you have no respect for others who have put their time in. You're calling 35 and 40 year men dinosaurs who need to give it up because they're standing in the way of what you think you're entitled to. If you're the only one working in your house you work whatever time you can, whether it's Saturday or not.

Misthios

And the entitlement in your attitude shines through when you have no respect for others who have put their time in. You're calling 35 and 40 year men dinosaurs who need to give it up because they're standing in the way of what you think you're entitled to. If you're the only one working in your house you work whatever time you can, whether it's Saturday or not.

Still missing the entire point of the question. You're either daft or stupid at this point. Sounds like you're a yes man who feels you owe the company everything. Sad way to live man.

davidix

Managers will bully certain people especially the people that let them for as long as they can.

You are either m-friend or t-s pick one. This back and forth :censored2: is nonsense. You're 3 years driving obviously not the lowest seniority guy. Ask for a building seniority list. If your steward is a :censored2: then tell them to pick one so you can schedule accordingly, you also have real life outside of work. They can deal with it. Trust me. Only a fool would get tossed around like that. Push back.

542thruNthru

So I'm almost three years in on driving. Did the Saturdays for almost a year. Been off of them for almost a year. They brought me back to Saturdays for 7 weeks claiming they needed me (despite not gaining or loosing drivers in that period) and this last week I'm back to Monday through Friday. Also for those 7 Saturdays I had the option to go home and most Saturdays there were 2 people that went home. I get in tonight and find out I'm back to Tuesday through Saturday again. Now keep in mind there is a qualified driver sitting at home with his dick in his hand because the hub manager is taking her sweet time in signing off on him for over two weeks now. My question is I feel like this is harassment and for what I don't know. I come in everyday do a solid job and stay off lists and reports. Stay under 9.5 and all that BS that is thrown our way these days. What can I file to bring attention to this? I don't mind rocking the boat and don't care who I piss off. I ask on here because my steward is worthless and might as well be management by this point. Hopefully all of this makes sense and I look forward to the responses serious ones and the ball busting one's.

Yes they can keep switching you from M-friend and T-S each week as long as they are following the language in your region/rider.

Central language
Screenshot_20190507-113732_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Local 135 language
Screenshot_20190507-114133_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

If no one below you is working M-friend there is nothing you can do. Yes I understand they have drivers at home with their "dick in their hand" but that's the companies decision and nothing you can do.

Managers will bully certain people especially the people that let them for as long as they can.

You are either m-friend or t-s pick one. This back and forth :censored2: is nonsense. You're 3 years driving obviously not the lowest seniority guy. Ask for a building seniority list. If your steward is a :censored2: then tell them to pick one so you can schedule accordingly, you also have real life outside of work. They can deal with it. Trust me. Only a fool would get tossed around like that. Push back.

They don't have to "pick one" when it comes to M-friend or T-S. You are scheduled each week in his area and as long as they are posting it before the last day of his work week he can't do anything about it.

Also a building seniority list won't do him any good. Unless I'm mistaken he has seniority only over people in his center.
Screenshot_20190507-114202_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

davidix

Yes they can keep switching you from M-friend and T-S each week as long as they are following the language in your region/rider.

Central language
View attachment 247147
Local 135 language
View attachment 247149
If no one below you is working M-friend there is nothing you can do. Yes I understand they have drivers at home with their "dick in their hand" but that's the companies decision and nothing you can do.

They don't have to "pick one" when it comes to M-friend or T-S. You are scheduled each week in his area and as long as they are posting it before the last day of his work week he can't do anything about it.

Also a building seniority list won't do him any good. Unless I'm mistaken he has seniority only over people in his center.
View attachment 247148
They dont have to pick one but they will anyways. You cant tell someone who is m-friend or t-s to switch it up whenever they please especially when said person has to change daycare, business appointments etc they have on their scheduled days off.

They technically can do it by the letter of the law like you said. But I've never seen anyone disciplined for it.