Constitutional Crisis

bbsam

Staff member
congress has the right to excercise oversight.

the executive branch has the right to fight all requests for information it feels are priviledged

these rights are protected by the constitution , thus where is the crisis
Did Fox News tell you that?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Would you add Lindsay Graham to the list? McConnell? Pretty much every republican in Washington?

Yourself since you left and were never coming back?

I just wanna see if I’m in good company.
Add all Politicians and pretty much everybody else.
I personally have never run across anyone who was not a hypocrite.

Sportello

Democrats in Congress invoked the term over refusals from the Trump administration to accept demands for testimony and documents, including the full version of special counsel Robert Mueller's report.

Congressman Nadler (D-NY) is pushing the US Government into a "Constitutional Crisis" by ignoring the US Law by issuing a subpoena for the entire Mueller Report be revealed publicly including Grand Jury testimony.

In a dishonest interpretation, Nadler stated, "We are in one because the President is disobeying the law, is refusing all information to Congress." (Link to article) The entire Mueller Report has been made available to key members of Congress that are cleared to see the entire report, but none of the Democrat Congressmen, including Nadler, have reviewed the available report.

Adam Schiff (D- CA) stated, "The Justice Department after providing 8,000 documents and extensive testimony is now being required to turn over privileged materials. And like all administrations before it, it has reluctantly used executive privilege to respectfully refuse to provide materials it cannot provide." - (Link to article)

190508104629-02-jerry-nadler-contempt-0508-medium-plus-169.jpg
You would have to be a monkey’s butt to believe anything you post is factual.

bbsam

Staff member
Add all Politicians and pretty much everybody else.
I personally have never run across anyone who was not a hypocrite.
Well that kinda takes your sting out there friend calling someone a hypocrite.

You may as well just say, “You’re just like me and everybody else.”

bbsam

Staff member
did CNN tell you to ask that?

any other kids games you would like to play?
No. I’m curious as to your assertion that the constitution provides for the executive to fight the enumerated powers of the legislative branch. Sounds like something Judge Jeanine would say so that the president could retweet her.

bacha29

This will be another matter for constitutional scholars lawyers and judges to figure out. As was the case with Watergate the powers of all 3 branches will challenge one another to see whose will prevails in the end.

newfie

No. I’m curious as to your assertion that the constitution provides for the executive to fight the enumerated powers of the legislative branch. Sounds like something Judge Jeanine would say so that the president could retweet her.

then why wouldnt you ask the question without the snarky comment if you really are curious.

there is a legal process for the two branches of government to take disagreements to the third branch of government.
its a process that has been utilized multiple times through out history by both sides.
for the dems to suddenly claim that the republicans are doing something new is dishonest at best.
The Obama administration fought tooth and nail with everything they had to prevent and delay congressional oversight.

the only thing really sad here is that this game continues to get played administration after administration with no apparent end in sight.

newfie

This will be another matter for constitutional scholars lawyers and judges to figure out. As was the case with Watergate the powers of all 3 branches will challenge one another to see whose will prevails in the end.

once again you overstate politics that are being executed as usual . we should call it doing a nadler . or maybe schiffing a nadler ?

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
congress has the right to excercise oversight.

the executive branch has the right to fight all requests for information it feels are priviledged

these rights are protected by the constitution , thus where is the crisis

I don't usually agree with you , but I do in this case. The system seems to be working as designed