Contract ends in 2023

ContainmentIssue

If drivers making $40+ are living paycheck to paycheck they have serious problems.
For the work we do $40 an hour is nothing, especially these days. When someone can flip burgers for over $20 dollars, we aren't separated as much as before. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the money, but with the cost of living in most places rising, it's not uncommon to still live paycheck to paycheck.

For the work we do $40 an hour is nothing, especially these days. When someone can flip burgers for over $20 dollars, we aren't separated as much as before. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the money, but with the cost of living in most places rising, it's not uncommon to still live paycheck to paycheck.
And how many is $20 an hour drive paid holidays vacations and a pension?
Please list me some names

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How much do you need per hour to not live pay check to pay check?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
And how many is $20 an hour drive paid holidays vacations and a pension?
Please list me some names

We all know that the part time pension under the Central and Southern is a scam. It takes 5 years to be vested, what are the retention rate for the a part time union member now a days? The company is putting in peanuts to cover those part time vested years, unlike in the West were their part time years are included in their full time pension formulas. Ron Carey brought that up in the 1993 Contract negotiations, got the news letter somewhere in my files, back then they were trying to get the part timer's into the Central States Pension Plan similar to the West.

I said this before but I fully expect the Company will try to get rid of all their pension responsibilities as they did to the Management Pension Plans. Pension Plans are dinosaurs, every major corporation are shedding them and replacing them with 401K's. If done correctly it makes sense considering the portability of a 401K.

Starting wage in the 2023 Contract will be close to 20 bucks an hour that is a given, I expect our raises will be negotiated at an minimum of a dollar an hour with the COLA still in place, most of the Health and Welfare Plans (TeamCare) are doing well being fueled by Article 34 monetary contributions. We should expect some improvements in our coverages, but that is totally controlled by the TeamCare fiduciaries and can change annually.

It would be great to have extra added vacations after 25 years, people are hanging around longer because of the decline of any early retirement incentives and retiree Health and Welfare coverages.

We all know that the part time pension under the Central and Southern is a scam. It takes 5 years to be vested, what are the retention rate for the a part time union member now a days? The company is putting in peanuts to cover those part time vested years, unlike in the West were their part time years are included in their full time pension formulas. Ron Carey brought that up in the 1993 Contract negotiations, got the news letter somewhere in my files, back then they were trying to get the part timer's into the Central States Pension Plan similar to the West.

I said this before but I fully expect the Company will try to get rid of all their pension responsibilities as they did to the Management Pension Plans. Pension Plans are dinosaurs, every major corporation are shedding them and replacing them with 401K's. If done correctly it makes sense considering the portability of a 401K.

Starting wage in the 2023 Contract will be close to 20 bucks an hour that is a given, I expect our raises will be negotiated at an minimum of a dollar an hour with the COLA still in place, most of the Health and Welfare Plans (TeamCare) are doing well being fueled by Article 34 monetary contributions. We should expect some improvements in our coverages, but that is totally controlled by the TeamCare fiduciaries and can change annually.

It would be great to have extra added vacations after 25 years, people are hanging around longer because of the decline of any early retirement incentives and retiree Health and Welfare coverages.
It's going to be very interesting next year

Thebrownblob

“Try” being the key word, but it’s not going to happen.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There are secretaries making 30+ an hour answering the phones…..many jobs are catching up with us…

Thebrownblob

You don’t think the company is going to use the coming “recession” and “high fuel prices” to try to deny us of what we deserve over the last few years?
Yes I do think they’ll try to deny us, no different than any other contract year. I wish them luck because they’re gonna need it,we are not easily replaced in this Labor environment. We tell people all the time they don’t know how good they have it and it’s true we do have some good things. What’s also true is UPS has a bargain with the current package car driver, and feeder drivers. And they’re able to hold people accountable because it’s still a decent job. They would be cutting their own throats watering down this job because no one would stay at this company. They do not know how to treat people nor will they ever. Having the union saves the company from destroying theirselves.

Thebrownblob

You don’t think the company is going to use the coming “recession” and “high fuel prices” to try to deny us of what we deserve over the last few years?
Car haulers who’s company is on the verge of bankruptcy in an industry that is in extreme flux just got a 9% raise for their contract. As well as a lot of language protecting their work The new leader ship means business at the negotiating table.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Car haulers who’s company is on the verge of bankruptcy in an industry that is in extreme flux just got a 9% raise for their contract. As well as a lot of language protecting their work The new leader ship means business at the negotiating table.
What was our average % raise from last contract?