Contract ends in 2023

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I would prefer the person negotiating for me paycheck not be on the line so that I can get the best deal without them thinking of themselves..
C441195E-209A-436C-A44D-B8F221309FEB.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Wait aren't we being the tough guys? Aren't we the ones that say the teamsters will never strike UPS? Isn't that why we celebrated the OZ victory?

Granted there are a lot of “Me firsts” in our ranks, but study the defeatist doom and gloom negotiating going during the 2013 and 2018 contract talks. The last one reeked with cowardice....

The vast majority of our membership might too scared to strike, study how Carey did it in “97”. He did not approve the “Last Best Final Offer” and did not present it up to vote till his terms were met.... ignoring the whining “real teamsters” that were hearing it from their wives and worried about making the Harley payments.

542thruNthru

Granted there are a lot of “Me firsts” in our ranks, but study the defeatist doom and gloom negotiating going during the 2013 and 2018 contract talks. The last one reeked with cowardice....

The vast majority of our membership might too scared to strike
, study how Carey did it in “97”. He did not approve the “Last Best Final Offer” and did not present it up to vote till his terms were met.
Seems they are two peas in a pod then.

Yes Carey didn't even allow the members to vote on the contract. That's because he didn't want to take the chance of losing the UPS pension money.

The vast majority of our membership might too scared to strike, study how Carey did it in “97”. He did not approve the “Last Best Final Offer” and did not present it up to vote till his terms were met.... ignoring the whining “real teamsters” that were hearing it from their wives and worried about making the Harley payments.
We got hosed definitely on this contract.

No 2/3 rule this time and strike benefits are paid from day one

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Sees they are two peas in a pod then.

Yes Carey didn't even allow the members to vote on the contract. That's because he didn't want to take the chance of losing the UPS pension money.
That was a big issue then. The company tried hard to drive a wedge in the rank and file.