Contract ends in 2023

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I'm sure a lot.

I'm curious how many PTers will stand with the driver's on a strike if it comes down to it and vice versa.

We are forgetting about the strike fund, these kids will more than likely be playing video games at home if it happens, and leave the dirty work to the full timers. I said this before but once you become a “scab” you will always be viewed as a “scab”... elephants and teamsters never forget...

542thruNthru

We are forgetting about the strike fund, these kids will more than likely be playing video games at home if it happens, and leave the dirty work to the full timers. I said this before but once you become a “scab” you will always be viewed as a “scab”... elephants and teamsters never forget...
Strike fund should be 5 times your monthly dues and you only get it if you show up every day on the strike line. For newer part timers thats about $200 a week.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
RTW state scabs, do they work during a strike? They are not in the union.
i live in a RTW state and we had several people cross the line. One guys name was Shumate so of course from then until i retired I reffered to him as Scabmate.The best thing about the scabs that crossed is several went into management in the years following the strike and all but one were terminated,and the one that wasn't hates life so badly each and every day. Getting terminated would be a relief for this person.

I learned during the strike a ball bearing can go ALONG ways from a slingshot and can bust out windshields

542thruNthru

Ok.. they will be playing video games on the picket lines...and eating donuts 🍩...😁
My concern is when UPS starts sending out the mass text messages to PT and FT with political propaganda and how they'll gladly bring them back and pay them more during this time.

I said it during the election we may find out how unified we really are and I don't think we're going to like what we see.

The word Scab doesn't bother as many as it used to. Just look at all the RTW scabs that brag about it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My concern is when UPS starts sending out the mass text messages to PT and FT with political propaganda and how they'll gladly bring them back and pay them more during this time.

I said it during the election we may find out how unified we really are and I don't think we're going to like what we see.

The word Scab doesn't bother as many as it used to. Just look at all the RTW scabs that brag about it.

I know that what is happening in the Ukraine now is nowhere close to anything that we will face in America...We do not know what the end result of standing up for beliefs, we did it in “97” even when we didn’t know the whole story. Leaders make a stand and keep their promises, Carey was not perfect but he was a leader.

We all have to see how O’Brien handles adversity. I know one thing we are all looking for statesmen instead of our current crop of political puppets. We are all in a turning point currently because we see what brave souls can do when faced with real hardship or death for a principal. Looking at that a two week strike with pay and healthcare looks petty when you think about it.

These M.O.R.O. N ‘s who are claim to be “scabs” and are proud of it .. will cough on their own vomit when the time comes, I seen how they treat “scabs” in our building, most if not all have left or retired with no mention of their names, easily forgotten by both hourly and management.

I know that what is happening in the Ukraine now is nowhere close to anything that we will face in America...We do not know what the end result of standing up for beliefs, we did it in “97” even when we didn’t know the whole story. Leaders make a stand and keep their promises, Carey was not perfect but he was a leader.

We all have to see how O’Brien handles adversity. I know one thing we are all looking for statesmen instead of our current crop of political puppets. We are all in a turning point currently because we see what brave souls can do when faced with real hardship or death for a principal. Looking at that a two week strike with pay and healthcare looks petty when you think about it.

These M.O.R.O. N ‘s who are claim to be “scabs” and are proud of it .. will cough on their own vomit when the time comes, I seen how they treat “scabs” in our building, most if not all have left or retired with no mention of their names, easily forgotten by both hourly and management.
That was one of the biggest percentages raises we ever had and we created a bunch of more full-time jobs Even though there was only 22.3

And we also have language they can never raise the rate limit again unless they negotiate it first

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

You hit it right on the head. I am of the opinion that the younger drivers think the Supes are their buddies and have no concept of Solidarity while many of the older drivers have high mortgages, kids tuition,boats, multiple car payments and cant afford to lose a days pay much less go out on strike.

The company knows this and will take full advantage.

You hit it right on the head. I am of the opinion that the younger drivers think the Supes are their buddies and have no concept of Solidarity while many of the older drivers have high mortgages, kids tuition,boats, multiple car payments and cant afford to lose a days pay much less go out on strike.

The company knows this and will take full advantage.
Well guess what it's my job to educate them otherwise