Contract ends in 2023

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Different time. Different company. Competition. Threats of breaking the Union. Scab labor. Business loss that we'll never recover.
Heard all of it and more in 97.
One thing I think is certain. A different rank and file exist today.

PreTrippin’

A Thousand Miles From Nowhere
If Sean is even remotely as good as people claim him to be then we won't come anywhere near a strike.
I dunno I’ve heard he’s a pretty good dude and I’ve also heard ups are pretty terrible dudes. There might be a problem there.

Over70irregs

Different time. Different company. Competition. Threats of breaking the Union. Scab labor. Business loss that we'll never recover.
Heard all of it and more in 97.
One thing I think is certain. A different rank and file exist today.
Veterans did not pass down the membership morals in-house that are necessary.

Whither

Scofflaw
The word Scab doesn't bother as many as it used to. Just look at all the RTW scabs that brag about it.
Maybe. It's not the word, it's feeling the contempt of your peers in person, without the shield of the internet. I think most people would have to really believe in their position to hold their ground against any serious peer pressure. I'm in a RTW state. One of my stews took it upon himself to continually shame a driver who had always hemmed and hawed "I'm not sure about the union, I don't know enough, blah blah blah." Took a couple weeks. Driver had 7 years FT seniority and finally started paying dues.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Maybe. It's not the word, it's feeling the contempt of your peers in person, without the shield of the internet. I think most people would have to really believe in their position to hold their ground against any serious peer pressure. I'm in a RTW state. One of my stews took it upon himself to continually shame a driver who had always hemmed and hawed "I'm not sure about the union, I don't know enough, blah blah blah." Took a couple weeks. Driver had 7 years FT seniority and finally started paying dues.

They should be shamed. Scabs and people who openly bash the union while being part of it are the worst.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Why should the member pay dues? O'Brien stole the last election from Vairma.

Saca La

What is it?
Can someone explain to me why we are striking again ? We have it pretty much better than any other delivery company. And we can only negotiate for better things from here on out. I just don’t understand why everyone is so fast to jump to striking.

Can someone explain to me why we are striking again ? We have it pretty much better than any other delivery company. And we can only negotiate for better things from here on out. I just don’t understand why everyone is so fast to jump to striking.
They're just going by Sean O'Brien statement.
He said he was wanting to put us on the street if need be..

Nobody said we're going on strike and hopefully it does not come down to that.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Because our ability and willingness to strike is our best leverage. We have been losing ground ever since 97, and, if the company gets their way, and things keep going the way they have been, they will grind us into dust long before we retire. Just ask all the guys who have been forced to work 6 days a week for over a year if they have it ok. You can't have a life outside of work under those conditions.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Because our ability and willingness to strike is our best leverage. We have been losing ground ever since 97, and, if the company gets their way, and things keep going the way they have been, they will grind us into dust long before we retire. Just ask all the guys who have been forced to work 6 days a week for over a year if they have it ok. You can't have a life outside of work under those conditions.
It hasn’t gotten better. That’s for damn sure.