Contract ends in 2023

Brownwind

There is a 22.4 driver in my center who I'd considering applying to be an on road supervisor. His thought is that because our building is not converting 22.4s to rpcds, he would at least make what an rpcd makes despite working more hours. What would you say to him?
I’d say don’t be too confident about the job. They are over hiring supervisors now and are going to clean house once the contract is signed. Must be new or really dumb to even compare the two jobs as equal.

ManInBrown

Union officials have other companies to oversee besides UPS
i know they represent other companies so how come when I go on to the 177 website, it only shows ups stuff? Now you say maybe they use other local numbers for the other workers they represent. But when I Google teamsters and the city they are located in, it only says 177. There are no other workers mentioned besides ups related stuff on their website.

i know they represent other companies so how come when I go on to the 177 website, it only shows ups stuff? Now you say maybe they use other local numbers for the other workers they represent. But when I Google teamsters and the city they are located in, it only says 177. There are no other workers mentioned besides ups related stuff on their website.
I don't know if 177 represents any other members besides UPS

kforte36

I appreciate that.
Ya they definitely aren't equal but he is looking at it from the pay factor. He'd make what an rpcd makes and not have to wait around indefinitely for the possibility of being an rpcd. But I would say there are a lot of negatives of being an on road supervisor too.

Pullman Brown

Oh yes the teamsters represent many different companies. My local has at least 20 different companies they represent.
I am not in 177 so I did not know if a represent anyone else besides UPS

552A6105-B6E0-41D7-9499-AA7D392C7A71.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ya they definitely aren't equal but he is looking at it from the pay factor. He'd make what an rpcd makes and not have to wait around indefinitely for the possibility of being an rpcd. But I would say there are a lot of negatives of being an on road supervisor too.
Is he an habitual liar does he act like a jerk to say his mom and dad does he look good in a $7 polo from dollar general
If so he”ll last a few years until one day he says friend-it.
If he has any morals he’ll either lose them and toe the company line or he won’t and he’l be gone quicker than a fart in a whirlwind

kforte36

Is he an habitual liar does he act like a jerk to say his mom and dad does he look good in a $7 polo from dollar general
If he has any morals he’ll either lose them and toe the company line or he won’t and he’l be gone quicker than a fart in a whirlwind
Haha. That's funny.

kforte36

But there's no certainty that he'll ever be an rpcd. The company doesn't want to eliminate it. They want to expand it.