Contract idea

upser2020

Just thought of one item that would I think be beneficial if we could get it(without having to give up something else) for the new contract: every so many hours you work(say 100 just for the sake of arguement) you get a share of ups stock. Apply to all ft pt and even seasonal.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Just thought of one item that would I think be beneficial if we could get it(without having to give up something else) for the new contract: every so many hours you work(say 100 just for the sake of arguement) you get a share of ups stock. Apply to all ft pt and even seasonal.

Sorry... they already have that...MIP (Management Incentive Program) for management only.

Stay in the game...nice try...👍

nWo

I wouldn't mind it but it would probably piss off half of my coworkers. They want to be paid in cash. They want liquid assets. We had people lose their minds when they saw a 401k deduction on their paychecks.

Maybe I should bring the thrift plan back

And plus the seasons get Jack crap

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Not too many employees think about the retirees.....
but one day you will be retired.

how about a COLA for retirees ?
This inflation is really doing a job on us.

Thebrownblob

1663510158691.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Retirees also need FULL BENEFITS.
I'm in the Western Conference and can not complain about the retiree bennies.
My co pay on prescriptions are $2-5 each.

Our co pay on a dr. visit was $20. Now with medicare we have NO out of pocket.

Before I retired I figured in a 3% rate of inflation every year which has been the average for years and years. The last 2 years it has gone up much more than that as you know.

It really isnt hurting us. Just a shock. Our house is paid off and we can live on the pension for the most part.
The social security is mostly for emergencies and unusual expenses like perhaps car repairs , tree felling, home improvement, stuff like that.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

When I was working and had unexpected expenses I just did more overtime. I averaged 52-55 hours a week so had a little room for extra time.
I do have a side gig which I do very well at but usually just do it about 10-15 hours a week. Work when I want and pick and choose.

Lately have been doing a little bit more. The last couple months have been my busiest but that is on me taking the extra work. I can stop at any time and do when it becomes less fun. We take this money to do fun things, buy some toys, go places.

Finally got the tax refund. Close to 6k. Since we are both over 65 get more back because less taxed on social security. I'm gonna have to change with holding which was only 10% down to 5% .

burco8080

I said it before and I will say it again all UPS Teamsters need what western conference has with their Retirment bennies just medical cost being covered is a lot of money when you get older and taking meds, eyes going bad, you cannot hear like you should because all the years of noise just a little something for you youngsters to think about. This is not a 9to 5 job setting on your ass

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I said it before and I will say it again all UPS Teamsters need what western conference has with their Retirment bennies just medical cost being covered is a lot of money when you get older and taking meds, eyes going bad, you cannot hear like you should because all the years of noise just a little something for you youngsters to think about. This is not a 9to 5 job setting on your ass
Screw those geezers. We need air conditioning in every truck!