Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

anHOURover

Obviously not.

Or, you would be a driver.

@anHOURover are you going to contribute to this thread, with contract proposals ?

Or use it.... for your TDU grandstanding ?

Saying that you "control" your Local is a joke.

Why haven't you run for Local office ?

-Bug-
Bug I already contributed you never answer.
I stated that it's funny how we have to fight our own union. In order to get healthcare improvements. UPS is paying a premium for a plan that lacks a lot of what the Company had.
It's time for the IBT to improve Crapcare. Myself and the whole local are tired of taking care of EVERYONE else while we do without.
I and the rest of my local keep the teamsters in business. We keep the pension funds going. We keep the healthcare fund going.
We provide for the IBT so they can have contract meeting in Hawaii for NO REASON !!
I wish the IBT would Learn how to cut costs and stop blowing all my money
FACT

anHOURover

And I thought it was my local that voted no that caused better HC, silly me.

And what lesson did they learn? That they won't get re-elected?
And just FYI
623 was and is the leader of the pack.
Other locals had union leaders who supported their vote no efforts. 623 was first to stand up to the corporate greed of ups and the IBT
FACT

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The IBT did exactly what they were forced to do by a guy that used the last CBA as his tool to get credentialed. He lost, move on. If he does it again, the IBT will follow the Constitution and act accordingly.
Voting no of every future contract won't change one word of the last CBA.
Are you talking about Tim or Fred???....

.....trying to recreate a timeline.

Inthegame

Are you talking about Tim or Fred???....

.....trying to recreate a timeline.
Not sure how you disagree with a post when you're unsure of it's content but you continue to surprise, anyway...Neither of those guys supported the work of the National Committee. Neither of those guys were on the committee yet they knew better than those that were. Neither of those guys raised any objection at the two-man review panel.
Both of those fellows had International ambition. One had already challenged the IBT leadership.
Tim worked out a supplement (or his biggest mistake Liam did) that was accepted by his members. Unlike Tim, Fred wasn't accepting anything. He kept moving the goalposts, even after UPS agreed to additional demands. In the long run he caused a lesser agreement for L89.
Forward to the IBT Convention and knowing he had no chance of passing any amendments to the IBT Constitution, he stumbled through the process at the Convention.
Now either his act was intentional, again for effect only, or he's a complete blubbering fool, which you and I know isn't the case.
So you tell me, other than a political ploy, what was he doing? What befuddles me is how a thoughtful person, who sees conspiracies everywhere, can't see the chance that he used these processes for a personal agenda.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I propose we force the company to street drivers by 8:30 or pay triple time from 8:30 to the time we leave the building. Tired of the excuses. We leave early all Peak and suddenly we can't the rest of the year.

upschuck

And just FYI
623 was and is the leader of the pack.
Other locals had union leaders who supported their vote no efforts. 623 was first to stand up to the corporate greed of ups and the IBT
FACT
And you are the leader of 623, oh great one. Yet everything goes against you, sounds like you have little power.

But I still hope you are having a wonderful day.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bug I already contributed

If I recall, you were whining about members that receive a split rate of pay.

If you bid a 22.3 air combo job, it's a split rate of pay. One rate for air work and one rate for inside work

We're "knocking on the door" of almost 20 years for that. Get over it.... or don't bid the job.

Myself and the whole local are tired of taking care of EVERYONE else while we do without.
I and the rest of my local keep the teamsters in business. We keep the pension funds going. We keep the healthcare fund going.

I think we have hit a point of saturation with your posts.

You hate the IBT and your Local Officials.

You want your good company Healthcare back.

You support "right to work" and have advocated withdrawing from the Union.

But now;

You are disparaging your fellow Teamster's.

In no way, shape or form.... are you a Trade Unionist.

You are a Teamster by default. (working for UPS)

Stop trying to be one.

-Bug-

anHOURover

If I recall, you were whining about members that receive a split rate of pay.

If you bid a 22.3 air combo job, it's a split rate of pay. One rate for air work and one rate for inside work

We're "knocking on the door" of almost 20 years for that. Get over it.... or don't bid the job.

I think we have hit a point of saturation with your posts.

You hate the IBT and your Local Officials.

You want your good company Healthcare back.

You support "right to work" and have advocated withdrawing from the Union.

But now;

You are disparaging your fellow Teamster's.

In no way, shape or form.... are you a Trade Unionist.

You are a Teamster by default. (working for UPS)

Stop trying to be one.

-Bug-
Bug you are a waste of union dues.
I'll ask again why are we fighting with our own union to get healthcare improvements.
I want to get what I was promised.
A plan that is identical and in some ways better. That's what Murph and the Boston bully told me. Also the loser with the famous name and the guy who just lost his position as the package director.
LIARS !!!
We will vote no again if we do not get what we were promised years ago.
I PROMISE YOU THAT.
FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.