Contract raises? don't be brainwashed!

twoweeled

What I'm most concerned with, is the language UPS is going to want pertaining to the new IVIS. They didn't spend all that money for nothing. They are going to want, and get, language to discipline based on what is seen on IVIS. JUST YOU WATCH!!

What I'm most concerned with, is the language UPS is going to want pertaining to the new IVIS. They didn't spend all that money for nothing. They are going to want, and get, language to discipline based on what is seen on IVIS. JUST YOU WATCH!!
Mark my words they didn't get it. Go. To sleep and sleep tight and Thank me on August 1st.

A

anonymous6

I agree. It is only fair to share in the profits just as it would only be fair to make concessions if the company was running in the RED.

and how do you put a price tag on a worn out body after 35 years? average life span of a professional driver is up to 15 years less than a normal person because it is such a stressful job.

how do you put a price tag on that? you need to invest as much money as possible to protect yourself and your family in your retirement years. The OP was right. we employees made the company what it is today. we should be well taken care of.

Asskicker

Stand your ground people!!! Hoffa is a sell out and last contract was complete ****!!! There was no reason to sell out on the last contract. UPS made billions!!! Why did you people vote this Jackass back in????? Do not settle for one of his ****ty contracts. We at 705 who negotiate separate from the National got a better contract then all of you because we held out!! Does anyone out there get 8 weeks vacation at 30 years? We do!!! Don't vote yes!! This contract we need to take a stand. Please listen to me. I am a 30 year employee and know what I am talking about.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Stand your ground people!!! Hoffa is a sell out and last contract was complete ****!!! There was no reason to sell out on the last contract. UPS made billions!!! Why did you people vote this Jackass back in????? Do not settle for one of his ****ty contracts. We at 705 who negotiate separate from the National got a better contract then all of you because we held out!! Does anyone out there get 8 weeks vacation at 30 years? We do!!! Don't vote yes!! This contract we need to take a stand. Please listen to me. I am a 30 year employee and know what I am talking about.

At 30 years I'll have a 52 week vacation.

A

anonymous6

with 30 years in you should be able to get 52 weeks of vacation every year. you saved nothing?

InsideUPS

I would much rather have my pension money go to a 401k match. That's just my personal opinion I know.

I totally agree with you however you will definitely receive an "education" on why your/our belief is not being a good Union member. As long as we're at it...we might also state that we would rather have our social security deductions put into our personal 401k also. Both our pension and social security are similar in that they are funding other individuals than ourself.

First....as most of you know, all of us here can have various pensions depending on location and whether or not you're under the company plan or the Teamster plan. It's therefore very difficult to talk about the specifics of each plan. In the case of the Central States Pension Plan, the IBT allowed UPS to pull out of the multi-employer pension fund. ( Could the Central States Pension Fund Go Insolvent? | Teamsters for a Democratic Union ) . BOTTOM LINE.... Pensions are NOT secure forms of income... a 401k plan is a savings plan that you and you alone have control of... Pensions are antiquated and should be slowly eliminated as with Social Security...... (much easier said than done...as there are many negative implications to others)

Kevin211

Hoffa needs UPS and the Company knows it, we will take what ever Hoffa wants us to take, bottom line!!

stink219

I think we did well for the current state of the economy at the time. The 9.5 language was a learning curve and I can assure you will be and has been addressed.

twoweeled

Mark my words they didn't get it. Go. To sleep and sleep tight and Thank me on August 1st.

i hope I'll be thanking you on August 1st. But I fear I'll be saying "I told you so"! But my further guess is nothing will be said about it till the matter gets raised in a discharge. I hope I'll be thanking you steward!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I want nothing to do with upping the pension. Why? Because your just putting your money in someone else's hand. I highly doubt ill get much of a pension or social security when I retire in 25/30 years. Just keep giving me raises and ill keep funding my own retirement.

ok,,i agree, i say those of us who have made the co. what is can opt out of funding those with under 10.. no 5 yrs senority.... sounds GOOD