Corporate America screwing us

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That is a falsehood. Although exploitation can and does occur, it doesn't have to be that way.

Come on. The basic deal is that Ground pays starvation wages with no benefits, and usually flat rates drivers so they work lots of hours without OT. Kind of sounds like exploitation to me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Spoken like a true apologist.

Oh, I see. You think that money from one guy spends differently than the money from another guy. The people who are upset with Citizens United have little logical basis for their disagreement.

bbsam

Staff member
Come on. The basic deal is that Ground pays starvation wages with no benefits, and usually flat rates drivers so they work lots of hours without OT. Kind of sounds like exploitation to me.

Doesn't have to be like that. My drivers make more than alot of college grads. It's not a 40 hour week, but it's not 60 to 70 either. But then again, this isn't 1978 either. 40 hour weeks are a thing of the past.

STFXG

It's not exploitation if they are making more than minimum wage when you add up their OT. Which would be 70 hours in a week and paid 616.25... Not many drivers running 70 hours.

If you find that wage unfair talk to your congressman.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh, I see. You think that money from one guy spends differently than the money from another guy. The people who are upset with Citizens United have little logical basis for their disagreement.

Dear Apologist,
Please answer these simple questions, which I have posed to you several ways. Maybe if I wrap them in tissue and put a mint on top, you will answer.
Do you agree with and support the October restructuring? Do you also support 35 hr weeks and 12 hr days that pay for only 7 or 8 hrs due to huge split-shifts? How about layoffs?
I know, it's "I just business" to you, because you're part of the MEM "team"
Love,
MrFedex

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dear Apologist,
Please answer these simple questions, which I have posed to you several ways. Maybe if I wrap them in tissue and put a mint on top, you will answer.
Do you agree with and support the October restructuring? Do you also support 35 hr weeks and 12 hr days that pay for only 7 or 8 hrs due to huge split-shifts? How about layoffs?
I know, it's "I just business" to you, because you're part of the MEM "team"
Love,
MrFedex

As for layoffs and/or reductions of hours, I do not like them at all. I don't even like them if they are justified by our volume levels. But if they are justified by our volume levels, they are going to happen no matter how much I don't like them.

The October restructuring hasn't been announced yet. (Pssst... it's not October yet). I know that you don't know what day it is, or month, but a calendar is your friend.

Just like me.

Your friend,
Dan.

bbsam

Staff member
Just to further speculation, all the ISP's in the district have been summoned to a meeting three hours from here. NEVER happened before. We've had visits from district staff about "this, that, and the other" in the past, but NEVER have we all been called to a central location before.

Goldilocks

Just to further speculation, all the ISP's in the district have been summoned to a meeting three hours from here. NEVER happened before. We've had visits from district staff about "this, that, and the other" in the past, but NEVER have we all been called to a central location before.

Wow, this could be some BIG news not only for Ground but for Express as well. Please keep us updated...

STFXG

You didn't speculate anything... Just stated there's a meeting. Will you speculate on what the meeting is about?

STFXG

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that line haul contractors have been approached about the ability to rapidly expand?

Or the fact that freight is hiring a lot of drivers right now?

STFXG

Not much more than what I already said about the hiring and expansion. Just showing the reference and that it wasn't first hand knowledge...