Corporate Greed, Spineless Union

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Our hub decided to jack up the number of ground routes running on Saturday’s by 30-35. There aren’t enough cover drivers to run them all, because of the current number of ground and air routes already running. The company is posting a volunteer sheet, which nobody signed and are forcing bottom up with no regards to days worked or part time or full time positions. Six day punches will be forced and the union said they won’t do a thing to stop it. Company said if they don’t have enough covers or 22.4s (which we haven’t started yet) then full time drivers will be forced in. We no longer have Tuesday-Saturday full time routes, they were rotated back to Monday-Friday to accommodate 22.4s. If the company is required to notify you 48 hours in advance if you’re scheduled can there be any discipline if you simply don’t pick up the phone? Also can you be forced to work a six day punch outside of peak season? I’ve seen some drivers disciplined, some not. The union and company are of course intentionally vague to scare you into coming in.

542thruNthru

saw this coming years ago but nobody cared then when warned.
source-2.gif

source-1.gif

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Whenever anyone complains about this, remember the cause: apathy and ignorance. Even though it was voted no the overall voter turnout, at least in my local, was pathetic. Half didn't know what was going on and the other half didn't seem to care.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Our hub decided to jack up the number of ground routes running on Saturday’s by 30-35. There aren’t enough cover drivers to run them all, because of the current number of ground and air routes already running. The company is posting a volunteer sheet, which nobody signed and are forcing bottom up with no regards to days worked or part time or full time positions. Six day punches will be forced and the union said they won’t do a thing to stop it. Company said if they don’t have enough covers or 22.4s (which we haven’t started yet) then full time drivers will be forced in. We no longer have Tuesday-Saturday full time routes, they were rotated back to Monday-Friday to accommodate 22.4s. If the company is required to notify you 48 hours in advance if you’re scheduled can there be any discipline if you simply don’t pick up the phone? Also can you be forced to work a six day punch outside of peak season? I’ve seen some drivers disciplined, some not. The union and company are of course intentionally vague to scare you into coming in.
This is what you do; Friday night before you head in send a message asking “am I being forced in tomorrow.” Even if they say yes, call in the next morning and ask again. Have to get a direct answer. Half of the time when they try to pull this on me they balk at actually telling me that I am forced in because they know I don’t like it and will grieve. If they say yes, than it’s work now grieve later. Hopefully you have a decent steward, but as far as I’m concerned being forced in constantly due to lack of staffing is absolutely grievance worthy. Harassment, 5 consecutive day work week in the contract, your steward SHOULD be able to get you going in the proper direction.

MrBates

Over here in NJ they're scheduling rides with all the drivers trying to bump up the dispatch to 30 more stops per weekday route, and they're demanding 9.5. I ran straight air on my day and went back for every single ground on my business stops. Stopped at 1pm to sort my whole truck which ate up about 20 min. ORS wasn't too pleased but I used every method in the book and I moved without delay so he couldn't really say anything. Ended up at 10.25. Yeah go find some other sucker, maybe someone who just qualified to make your precious number.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Over here in NJ they're scheduling rides with all the drivers trying to bump up the dispatch to 30 more stops per weekday route, and they're demanding 9.5. I ran straight air on my day and went back for every single ground on my business stops. Stopped at 1pm to sort my whole truck which ate up about 20 min. ORS wasn't too pleased but I used every method in the book and I moved without delay so he couldn't really say anything. Ended up at 10.25. Yeah go find some other sucker, maybe someone who just qualified to make your precious number.
Safety ride: 100% Orion
Production ride: 100% Orion

BURY THEM IN TRACE

WTFm8

Comes down to supplement language. Look for ‘work day’ and ‘work week’ language.

Many say a work week is 5 consecutive days. You can only be forced in for 6th punch for air-only under art40. They have to post for volunteers then force bottom up.