Corporations / Citizens

rickyb

i was thinking big corporations spend alot of money lobbying the government, and im guessing they do this all the time. they get big returns on the money they invest in lobbying.

why dont citizens spend alot of money lobbying the government? the median donation in canada is $123 per year. pathetic. of course another problem is alot of the population makes no money.

to expand on this a little more, 1% of the population owns 75% of all stock. so corporations are mostly owned by a very small % of the population. if we had a cooperative system, it would be more evenly owned, and we wouldnt be as much at war with big business like we are now.

rickyb

alot of these sites im familiar with for those who are interested in getting another perspective:

Julian Assange ‏ @JulianAssange
9h9 hours ago

Is Google is down ranking "anti-establishment" news/criticism sites on the left+right? Left example: http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017/08/02/pers-a02.html …

DHnODCcXoAAAJqs.jpg

rickyb

Corporations are legally treated as persons except when they carry out fraud and other crimes; the heads of corporations routinely avoid being charged and going to prison by paying fines, usually symbolic and pulled from corporate accounts, while not being forced to admit wrongdoing. - chris hedges

rickyb

so i was listening to an interview with abby martin today and apparently gun control, single payer healthcare, free college and i forgot what else all have majority support.

rickyb

Nine out of ten kids eat too much salt. And high salt intake is linked to high blood pressure, even in children, which can lead to heart disease and stroke later in life.

So, I need your help to stop the Trump administration from rolling back lifesaving policies that reduce salt in meals for school children.

We have until January 29th to oppose this move. So, we must act fast.
The Trump administration is caving in to the food lobby by proposing to delay for years USDA rules to reduce salt in school foods. Your support today will help CSPI keep the pressure on the administration to carry out the implementation of vital health regulations—not delay or weaken them.

CSPI has fought for decades to protect the public from Big Food’s insatiable desire to saturate our food with salt.

A three-year delay would mean that American children, on average, would swallow 84 more teaspoons of salt over the course of the three-year delay.

Schools are already showing terrific progress in providing children with healthier meals with less salt, more whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, and no trans fat. They’re also getting rid of most soda and junk food.

This is why we must prevent the Trump administration from halting all that progress. Our children deserve better!

Contribute today.

Thank you for your continued generosity and support.

Sincerely,
Peter+sig.PNG

Peter G. Lurie, MD, MPH
President
Center for Science in the Public Interest

rickyb

i just read loblaws profitted 1 billion by bread price fixing for many years, but is only paying $75 million to 150 million in refund.

crime pays when your rich and powerful.

El Correcto

god is dead
i just read loblaws profitted 1 billion by bread price fixing for many years, but is only paying $75 million to 150 million in refund.

crime pays when your rich and powerful.
I’m just wondering if you would punish a corporation knowing the low class workers will be the ones who suffer. Laid off and not hired. Mean while the ceo lawyered up, gets a slap on the wrist sentence and flies away in his private jet on release.

rickyb

I’m just wondering if you would punish a corporation knowing the low class workers will be the ones who suffer. Laid off and not hired. Mean while the ceo lawyered up, gets a slap on the wrist sentence and flies away in his private jet on release.
a few things:

1. i dont believe in that dichotomy. you can obviously punish a corporation without it affecting their workers.

2. CEOs and executives should go to jail...especially wall st ones. america did this during the savings and loan crisis.

3. i dont believe in "too big too fail, too big to jail". if your too big to jail, then your too big to begin with.

4. lower class workers are already suffering.

5. corporations dont have to pass the costs on to consumers or workers.

El Correcto

god is dead
a few things:

1. i dont believe in that dichotomy. you can obviously punish a corporation without it affecting their workers.

2. CEOs and executives should go to jail...especially wall st ones. america did this during the savings and loan crisis.

3. i dont believe in "too big too fail, too big to jail". if your too big to jail, then your too big to begin with.

4. lower class workers are already suffering.

5. corporations dont have to pass the costs on to consumers or workers.
1. Elaborate
2. Slap on the wrist
3. Doesn’t matter what you believe
4. They’ll be way better off unemployed living off the government....
5. No private individual takes the financial risk of providing goods or services without turning a profit. If they didn’t need to profit like government, you’d see uncompetitive practices and a lack of innovation.