Corporations / Citizens

rickyb

1. Elaborate
2. Slap on the wrist
3. Doesn’t matter what you believe
4. They’ll be way better off unemployed living off the government....
5. No private individual takes the financial risk of providing goods or services without turning a profit. If they didn’t need to profit like government, you’d see uncompetitive practices and a lack of innovation.
we already have uncompetitive prices and a lack of innovation in many industries. this is the age of monopolies.

what about banking, auto, amazon, walmart, media, food
Banks are government fed they compete with credit unions, mortgage brokers, insurance companies, stock brokers.

You don’t have an “auto row” where you live? Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda,etc

Amazon competes Walmart, target, Costco

rickyb

Banks are government fed they compete with credit unions, mortgage brokers, insurance companies, stock brokers.

You don’t have an “auto row” where you live? Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda,etc

Amazon competes Walmart, target, Costco
amazon very soon will have something close to monopoly status. theres little competition. auto makers keep shrinking down.

i think facebook and google get the majority of online ad revenue.

the stock market is mostly owned by the top 10% / 1%.

banks its well known are monopolies (or whatever you wanna call it) with too big to fail being commonly known.

pharmaceutical would be another id guess. war industry id guess would be another.

Last edited:

amazon very soon will have something close to monopoly status. theres little competition. auto makers keep shrinking down.

i think facebook and google get the majority of online ad revenue.

the stock market is mostly owned by the top 10% / 1%.

banks its well known are monopolies (or whatever you wanna call it) with too big to fail being commonly known.
Who owns the couple hundred credit unions? Go start your low paying coop.

rickyb

Who owns the couple hundred credit unions? Go start your low paying coop.
hey im part of one, and it even got mentioned in an episode of ralph nader radio hour LOL

anyways the banking system is still very centralized if thats what your trying to argue against.

hey im part of one, and it even got mentioned in an episode of ralph nader radio hour LOL

anyways the banking system is still very centralized if thats what your trying to argue against.
You work at a co op (full time job), or do you just buy stuff there? Millions are members of co ops/credit unions. They are not a new concept.

rickyb

But you say they are so great for workers and you don’t want to work there because of low pay. You don’t see a problem with this?
that was one. the cooperative credit union pays much higher than local banks, theyre even part of some kind of living wage employer status.

i see it more of a failure of markets, because when wages arent rising and are so low everywhere else, its gonna affect other wages.

and of course i see it a failure of the system because capitalism has a few people deciding everything including wages.

Last edited:

that was one. the cooperative credit union pays much higher than local banks, theyre even part of some kind of living wage employer status.

i see it more of a failure of markets, because when wages arent rising and are so low everywhere else, its gonna affect other wages.
So then co ops are not better for the worker?

theres not enough of them, and the pay locally was lower than my capitalist job even though they offered me a 30 hour work week.
Why would more co ops. (Competition) mean higher pay? Low pay is a common denominator for co ops.

It’s better for you, why not take it? If you don’t take the job, how will they ever have more jobs?

rickyb

Why would more co ops. (Competition) mean higher pay? Low pay is a common denominator for co ops.

It’s better for you, why not take it? If you don’t take the job, how will they ever have more jobs?
is it? i would think coop workers make more than capitalist ones since they are not being profitted off of.

is it? i would think coop workers make more than capitalist ones since they are not being profitted off of.
You just told me that isn’t the case. That the co op job paid less than the capitalist job. That tells me that in order make that co op job desirable we have to bring down capitalists wages.

So if we brought down capitalists wages not only can your co op job complete, but now we will have demand for more co op jobs.

Profit is just a word. They still sell their goods for more than they paid for them. They are also a nice tax shelter too.