corporations find their dream worker under massive for profit prison system

rickyb

this is idiotic; but it can be topped. i thought trumps hysteria over the trans in military and the link to erectile dysfunction pills was funny:

Private prison demands New Mexico and feds find 300 more prisoners in 60 days or it will close

The paper said that county officials issued a statement citing the threatened closure and emphasized that every virtually every politician in the region, from county officials to state officials to congressmen, were scurrying to save jobs—as opposed to shutting a privatized prison by an operator that has been sued many times for sexual harassment, sexual assault, deaths, use of force, physical assaults, medical care, injuries and civil rights violations.

This is a perfect snapshot of what’s upside-down with privatization: the lack of economic opportunities and politicians who genuflect at providing jobs, regardless of the larger social implications, pushing law enforcement into the dirty business of ramping up arrests and convictions so private firms and shareholders can make more money.

rickyb

"i dont know a public defender who can competently handle more than 150 felonies walking around with a case load of 500"

..."legal service programs around teh country are flooded. they serve 1.8 million people are year, and they turn away 1.8 million people a year."

"you have in effect a return to a lawless society"

-from the above interview.

Last edited:

rickyb

2 tier justice:

"In what should come as a surprise to absolutely no one, corporate fines for breaking environmental laws have fallen by 60% during Trump’s first 6 months in office, showing that the President and his administration don’t care if corporations pollute our land, air, and water – As long as they keep that campaign cash flowing, the pollution can flow unabated.

Under Trump, Corporations Aren’t Being Fined For Their Crimes - The Ring of Fire Network

rickyb

That's awesome! They're finally earning their keep and contributing to society. Do you know the regular firefighters have been going three and four days on, if they're lucky, five hours sleep?
btw im sure theres a better solution than to just jail everyone who breaks the law the way america does.

yea so if theres a shortage of firefighters why not hire more so they can sleep proper? the economy is a disaster anyways.

o wait, i forgot, austerity, which has been imposed on 3rd world countries by rich countries, has now made its way back to america and other western countries and long story short you may not have enough firefighters.

"Sounds great. Any problems with the program? Prison reform advocates have raised concerns that the state is so reliant on the cheap labor of inmate firefighters that policymakers may be slow to adopt prison reforms as a result. The concern was magnified last fall, when lawyers for state Attorney General Kamala Harris argued that extending an early prison-release program to “all minimum custody inmates at this time would severely impact fire camp participation—a dangerous outcome while California is in the middle of a difficult fire season and severe drought.” Harris has since said she was “troubled” by the argument, and the state has ruled that minimum custody inmates, including firefighters, are eligible for the program so long as it proves not to deplete the numbers of inmate firefighters."

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
‘‘The pay is ridiculous,’’ she told the paper. ‘‘There are some days we are worn down to the core,’’ she said. ‘‘And this isn’t that different from slave conditions. We need to get paid more for what we do.’’

https://jezebel.com/incarcerated-wo..._source=jezebel_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Waaaaa! Again, volunteers. If they don’t like it, don’t volunteer...that simple. Let me guess, you think they should get paid the same as a career firefighter?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
i dunno depends on the quality of the work theyre doing.

do you think more people should be locked up in america, or less?
If they’re committing crimes they’ve been convicted of, lock them up.

Doesn’t matter what quality of work they’re doing. American taxpayers pay for their “3 hots and a cot”. Why should we also pay prisoners what career firefighters are earning? These prisoners should use the training they receive as volunteers and apply to be paid career firefighters when they get out.

rickyb

If they’re committing crimes they’ve been convicted of, lock them up.

Doesn’t matter what quality of work they’re doing. American taxpayers pay for their “3 hots and a cot”. Why should we also pay prisoners what career firefighters are earning? These prisoners should use the training they receive as volunteers and apply to be paid career firefighters when they get out.
should prison sentences be increased or decreased?

america could be giving prisoners free college instead of locking them up

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
should prison sentences be increased or decreased?

america could be giving prisoners free college instead of locking them up
You know prisoners have access to free education, don’t you? Why should they get free college when my daughter (who has done everything the right way) has to stress about finding grants and scholarships to pay for her education? You know that prison is punishment for committing crimes, right???

IMO, prison sentences should be standard from state to state for crimes and not based on what a judge thinks they should get.

Last edited:

rickyb

You know prisoners have access to free education, don’t they? Why should they get free college when my daughter (who has done everything the right way) has to stress about finding grants and scholarships to pay for her education? You know that prison is punishment for committing crimes, right???

IMO, prison sentences should be standard from state to state for crimes and not based on what a judge thinks they should get.
maybe check out michelle alexanders stuff on prisons. i forget the other resources.

your daughter shouldnt have to stress about education even if she did everything wrong. many countries students dont.

i heard they get free healthcare too. :censored2:ed up country.