Could you ever see unions making a large comeback and expanding membership?

BigGuy2732

Definitely not, especially as the underclass being imported to replace us doesn’t organize for anything (don’t ask for benefits, healthcare, content with bare minimum… look at their countries, it sucks so they leave) and we are disappearing fast. The future is a wealth disparity that resembles nothing like we have ever seen before. You will eat bugs and own nothing and be happy.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Nobody understood it last time I broke out the Latin to win an argument, but here it goes again:

There are de facto incumbents.
I understood you losing the argument.
The Latin just made you look worse.
Keep it up and I'll sick Pepe Le Pew back on your Latin BS.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Everyone is afraid of getting the “Ron Carey Treatment “... they just go with the flow...
If I remember the story that was told, Carey had a lot stock from is Dad who was given stock when Casey paid it to the drivers instead of full wages during lean times.

The Carey years were the best years.

Trailer monkey

If I remember the story that was told, Carey had a lot stock from is Dad who was given stock when Casey paid it to the drivers instead of full wages during lean times.

Carey never actually owned UPS stock, but he did benefit from it, when his father died the stock was sold and the proceeds split between himself and his siblings

wilberforce15

Since you and @542thruNthru seem to have trouble thinking and reading. I'll do it for you.
20211008_074904.jpg

quad decade guy

Except where he struck and caused irreparable harm. Of which we've never recovered and will ultimately end all of our jobs.

Other than that....the best!

RTW laws only matter if young guys don't see any benefit to joining.

It's the union's job for there to be a benefit to joining.

A UPS part-timer has absolutely no reason to care or join.
I agree that minimum wages and no benefits are not much of an incentive to want to pay Union dues and initiation fees.

wilberforce15

I pay union dues out of principle. But I'm on year 18 without a write-up. I come to work. I do a half-butted job. And that's plenty. For a part-timer who shows up and does a little bit, there is just no reason at all to join.

Being a union member helps when I really need to press the issue on sups working or something. But for a new guy? I don't even know what he'd get out of it.