Couldn't believe my eyes

ManInBrown

Love your username. Will you do us all a big favor and go drop your "son" off a cliff?

LOL. I remember watching Cannon start a game at QB for U of Memphis a few years back. He was so god awful. Maybe the worst QB at the college level I have ever seen. Clearly Daddy paid a pretty price to have the coach start him that game. I remember the whole game I was praying he would get Theismann'ed. Unfortunately it never happened. Kid got yanked at HT if I remember correctly.

Nick9075

​70% of caucasians are on welfare?? Really....that's news to me. Do you have a link to back that statement up? I'd love to see it.

There is no more welfare. The only type of government assistance is in terms of Medicaid and EBT snap benefits. In Massachusetts many of the FedEx ground workers would qualify for mass health and the rest thru conmonwealth choice. Both are the state version of obamacare.

And I don't know if it is this thread but you think express employees would goto ground if there was prospect of layoff? Not in this economy. I have to say that not since the late 1990s has the economy and general job market been as strong as it seems now.

DontThrowPackages

There is no more welfare. The only type of government assistance is in terms of Medicaid and EBT snap benefits. In Massachusetts many of the FedEx ground workers would qualify for mass health and the rest thru conmonwealth choice. Both are the state version of obamacare.

And I don't know if it is this thread but you think express employees would goto ground if there was prospect of layoff? Not in this economy. I have to say that not since the late 1990s has the economy and general job market been as strong as it seems now.
Knowing the company was paying for it, I don't think too many people would be in a hurry to come off unemployment insurance too soon.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL. I remember watching Cannon start a game at QB for U of Memphis a few years back. He was so god awful. Maybe the worst QB at the college level I have ever seen. Clearly Daddy paid a pretty price to have the coach start him that game. I remember the whole game I was praying he would get Theismann'ed. Unfortunately it never happened. Kid got yanked at HT if I remember correctly.

For sure. Who names their kid "Cannon" anyway? I think he's the eff-up whom Fred advised to "go into the Marine Corps" and get straight. With a Dad like Fred, how could you not be effed-up?

overflowed

I think he meant, of all welfare recipients, 70pct are Caucasian. Not 70pct of all whites are on welfare. I go by a "Welfare type" office and I see every race, accept for Asians. Who knows what the real numbers are but I think the point he's making is we're the working poor and it's gotten so bad that welfare people seem to be living a better life. I know thats not true but I can't fault anyone for feeling that way. During a lunch, a homeless came up and bothered me for some money. I said I can't afford to give out money. He, seeing me in my uniform, said," You uh rich man". I said, believe me, you're richer than I am. I'm in debt and you don't have any debt. He said something like, " I mo' friend'king homeless". I said, If I miss two payments, I'll be right next to you and still in debt. He didn't want to hear it and left to bug the rest of the patrons.

Actually, in the big cities Asians are the ones who really know how to work the system. They all work under the table and collect everything possible from the government. This is where you see Mercedes at section 8 housing.

DontThrowPackages

Actually, in the big cities Asians are the ones who really know how to work the system. They all work under the table and collect everything possible from the government. This is where you see Mercedes at section 8 housing.
I can say, I do not see Asians there. Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Middle eastern types...yes. Maybe Asians are coming as well but never when Im there.

thedownhillEXPRESS

People, don't lose focus!

The corporate pigs like Fred are the enemy, not any of the for-mentioned welfare recipients.

They are the ones driving our wages into the ground(pun intended) for their benefit, the rich want us to blame the poor when it is the Fred Smiths of the world that are destroying the middle class.

overflowed

The corporate pigs like Fred are the enemy, not any of the for-mentioned welfare recipients.

They are the ones driving our wages into the ground(pun intended) for their benefit, the rich want us to blame the poor when it is the Fred Smiths of the world that are destroying the middle class.
I meant if you were gonna do it, do it correctly like they do.

vantexan

If only welfare was there for the truly needy and most people went to work at jobs they could be proud of. Plenty of bad at every socioeconomic level, being poor doesn't make you righteous, being rich isn't an automatic guarantee of hellfire.

Were this handlers or couriers? I'm presuming handlers. What type of managers do you have at your station? This isn't on the handlers (although they should know better), but it is directly the responsibility of their manager. We can only wear a wedding band and a watch. Woman can only wear studs, a wedding band and a watch. I've actually pulled some of the new hires to the side, to let them know about the policy. If you are not comfortable doing that, called the "Anon" hotline and voice your displeasure.
West Coast courier here. Men can wear stud earrings. Fedex changed policy almost a year ago.

STFXG

So there was enough of a demand for men to wear earrings that they had to change the policy? Interesting...

SmithBarney

So there was enough of a demand for men to wear earrings that they had to change the policy? Interesting...

No it's a legal issue, you can't treat men and women differently. You can't have two sets of standards.

Sorta like the article I read the other day, some bus drivers in (sweden? finland? IDK) anyway the men are required to wear uniform pants(despite the heat of summer)
and women could wear uniform pants or uniform skirts. The men in protest started wearing Uniform skirts.

FedEx916

Our customers used to get properly-attired employees. You know...clean, properly worn uniforms that weren't worn-out and full of holes. No tattoos, beards, piercings etc. Now, almost anything goes and the customer who is paying big bucks for sending something Express doesn't want to see a hobo walk into their lobby. They want to see someone neat, clean, and professional...like the UPS driver.

Company can't "afford" to interview anymore.. Most of the work force on this end is hired through a third party company that facilitates background checks and checks references.. If you get called for an "interview" the manager is required to offer you the job.. That is for the courier, handlers, etc positions.... No quality control.

Nick9075

Company can't "afford" to interview anymore.. Most of the work force on this end is hired through a third party company that facilitates background checks and checks references.. If you get called for an "interview" the manager is required to offer you the job.. That is for the courier, handlers, etc positions.... No quality control.

How are they finding people especially in cities like NYC or Boston given the payrate and the cost of living?? "checking references" is a ****ing joke generally applicants give their friends to play along (not just FedEx but many if not most jobs)

FedEx916

How are they finding people especially in cities like NYC or Boston given the payrate and the cost of living?? "checking references" is a ****ing joke generally applicants give their friends to play along (not just FedEx but many if not most jobs)

All I meant by references is that you have to fax them a copy of your highschool diploma or GED... They couldn't care less if you know someone as long as you have a pulse and no felonies (although I believe thats only enforced at AGFS locations..)