Countdown to Mating Season...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ThePackageDeli, Nov 7, 2019 at 5:23 PM.

1. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

About 2 months behind us down here.

2. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Why?

3. Wrong

Wrong :))

4. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

Where did you get a picture of my Center Manager in the top left?

5. gorilla75jdw

gorilla75jdw Active Member

6. Made brown

Made brown New Member

7. Made brown

Made brown New Member

Best part of that movie eh

8. Yeet

Yeet Inbound, turnaround, go to town

My personal favorite is when Jared Leto gets his arm cut off. I hate that guy.

9. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

I can hardly wait until these scenarios lead to damage that requires red tagging.

10. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

It's mating season year round when they over dispatch me and send some runner to take my remaining stops so I don't go over 9.5 hours ;)

11. Dumbo

Dumbo Active Member

Best post of the year. Not that I really ever come on this :censored2:ing site.

12. PAUPSGuy

PAUPSGuy New Member

Ya or when the Onroad genius decides to move all manpower (at wrap) to these 2/4 trucks and divvy up the load/work because the mongoloid doesn't understand a single thing about any mechanical parts. But but but he has a degree in sociology!! Then you walk up and rap the hot (stuck) starter one time with a hammer and the truck comes to life. Allowing you complete at least your route on your PC and slap that damn thing into the red-tag and successfully roll out the next day with healthy 'package cars'. Does UPS preach the path of least resistance at MDST? I've met two on-road in my life that were capable. The rest were ass kissers or friends of a friend in management...that :censored2:s bad for business boys.

13. tadpole

tadpole Active Member

Wat.

14. PAUPSGuy

PAUPSGuy New Member

What part of that was hard for you to understand? Do you work in ops?

Picture this - Driver A has been running his route for 5+ years with the same PC.
    Sup A decides to brick his truck.
    Driver A can't start his truck for "reasons" and you have 200 stops sitting dead in the yard on that vehicle.
    Do you shift the entire workload to another package car which is extremely time-sensitive and/or consuming or...
    Tap the starter with a ball-peen hammer from the mechanics and get the vehicle running again?

Sorry if that's never happened in your life but I've seen it twice in 2 different centers.

15. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

I once destroyed a tape gun beating on a starter.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Do you then keep the package car running all day or do you hand the driver a hammer and tell him to beat the starter 200 times?

17. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I meet a guy Tu-Fr year around. Sometimes on Monday too.

18. tadpole

tadpole Active Member

Ok. Good job, you made sense this time!