Couple fed up with people parking in handicap spots

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Couple fed up with people parking in handicap spots - News 10

After spotting a delivery driver parked in a handicapped spot one local couple is taking things into their own hands and asking people to think twice before parking somewhere they shouldn’t.

John Lacomb says parking abuse is frequent in Clifton Park but he’s fed up after spotting this on Tuesday while he and his wife were stopping at Staples.

“When we pulled in, we noticed a UPS driver parked in a handicapped spot.”

This hit home because Lacomb and his wife work with people who may need that very spot.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
True, but the didn’t have to call UPS on the man. He’s just trying to do his job.
I would think there is more awareness of what is right and what is not in that UPS center.
You think a UPS Driver can run red lights when he/she is just trying to do his/her job?
Parking/blocking a handicap spot is typically $500 fine and running a red light is $150 fine.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
“The response was, I know I am. There was no concern for, oh I should go out and move that.”

Get real, lady. When I did that job the only time I "parked" was to eat. Anywhere else I was just stopped. That driver can probably barely find time to piss and here they are going out of their way for this dog and pony show. Her and her husband should both go friend* themselves.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
“The response was, I know I am. There was no concern for, oh I should go out and move that.”

Get real, lady. When I did that job the only time I "parked" was to eat. Anywhere else I was just stopped. That driver can probably barely find time to piss and here they are going out of their way for this dog and pony show. Her and her husband should both go friend* themselves.
You must be a lib or a Nazi since you have no respect for laws. :teethy:

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Went to the courthouse today to renew my handicap placard. Guy parked next to me in the handicap area had a placard hanging on his mirror that expired January 2017. This courthouse is a substation for 2 different police agencies, the constables and county police. A constable drove by and I flagged him down in the parking lot. He told me it wasn't his jurisdiction and I needed to call the city police. He suggested that I park behind the guy, block him in and go inside and tell someone there. WTF? In the meantime, the guy drove off.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I would think there is more awareness of what is right and what is not in that UPS center.
You think a UPS Driver can run red lights when he/she is just trying to do his/her job?
Parking/blocking a handicap spot is typically $500 fine and running a red light is $150 fine.
Apples to oranges, Chappy. I would bet that no delivery driver ever wants to block a handicapped space. Sometimes you don’t have a choice and then you try to hurry. Obviously, its a last resort.

oldngray

nowhere special
Went to the courthouse today to renew my handicap placard. Guy parked next to me in the handicap area had a placard hanging on his mirror that expired January 2017. This courthouse is a substation for 2 different police agencies, the constables and county police. A constable drove by and I flagged him down in the parking lot. He told me it wasn't his jurisdiction and I needed to call the city police. He suggested that I park behind the guy, block him in and go inside and tell someone there. WTF? In the meantime, the guy drove off.

What really gets to me is the healthy young guys (or girls ) using Grandma's handicapped stickers when they are driving around by themselves.