Cover driver forced to work Saturday

Suds

Having trouble finding this in the contract. I am a cover driver in the southeast. We only run air on Saturday. Can management force me to come in on Saturday bc I only have 4 punches for the week. Saturday being the 5th punch. There is several drivers under me in senority, but they will have 5 punches this week and management is trying to avoid paying them for the 6th punch. I had to have monday off for a medical procedure is why I will only have the 4 punches this week.

Having trouble finding this in the contract. I am a cover driver in the southeast. We only run air on Saturday. Can management force me to come in on Saturday bc I only have 4 punches for the week. Saturday being the 5th punch. There is several drivers under me in senority, but they will have 5 punches this week and management is trying to avoid paying them for the 6th punch. I had to have monday off for a medical procedure is why I will only have the 4 punches this week.
Did you get paid a sick day?

Suds

They have to ask top down
Force bottom up.
If lower seniority drivers aren't forced in you must file a grievance.
Or just not show up.
I know its force bottom up, but I didnt get a paid sick day. They are trying to avoid the 6th punch. I didnt know I'd the force from bottom up was affected since I will only have 4 punches this week.

Suds

Come in Saturday run air until noon then have them pay you for 8 hours?

But since I am a cover driver and not full time they can get away with paying me air pay on Saturday not my usually cover driver pay. If I work on Saturday then I get classified as an air driver for Saturday only

Suds

We don't have drivers classified as cover drivers here.
So I do not know of they have the right to make you work on Saturday when it's only a 5th punch

Maybe @542thruNthru can help you out

Thanks! Dont mind the work it's just I've put in my time on Saturdays. And I always pull a double shift when they need me to. Heck easy money. Just gets tiring always trying to help out when management doesnt wanna help us out. Just wanting to take a stand on it.

GenericUsername

If you're full time, go in Saturday, run your air route then come back to the center. Ask your sup what they want you to do for the other 4ish hours and watch them sweat buckets.

Follow this up with a grievance on Monday since there are people with less seniority than you. Also, since we're in peak season now, all non-full time cover drivers, drivers who are not qualified cover drivers, and seasonal drivers are to report prior to a FT RPCD on a Saturday if you're not T-S.

If you're full time, go in Saturday, run your air route then come back to the center. Ask your sup what they want you to do for the other 4ish hours and watch them sweat buckets.

Follow this up with a grievance on Monday since there are people with less seniority than you. Also, since we're in peak season now, all non-full time cover drivers, drivers who are not qualified cover drivers, and seasonal drivers are to report prior to a FT RPCD on a Saturday if you're not T-S.
He is PT running a Saturday air route. 3 hour guarantee.

542thruNthru

When you say southeast I'm assuming the Southern supplmental. I took a quick look at your PT cover language. I didn't see anything that says they can't force you. Though I don't know the southern very well. I know @Overpaid Union Thug is in the southern and I believe @barnyard is also. Maybe they can answer your question.

dogs.bite.me

When you say southeast I'm assuming the Southern supplmental. I took a quick look at your PT cover language. I didn't see anything that says they can't force you. Though I don't know the southern very well. I know @Overpaid Union Thug is in the southern and I believe @barnyard is also. Maybe they can answer your question.

starts with cover drivers.

Article 40 is messed up when it comes to air work and it is common for PT to cover that on Saturdays

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mgt is doing you a favor by making sure that you get your hours for the week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks! Dont mind the work it's just I've put in my time on Saturdays. And I always pull a double shift when they need me to. Heck easy money. Just gets tiring always trying to help out when management doesnt wanna help us out. Just wanting to take a stand on it.

You are a cover driver------you should be thankful that you are working.

Overpaid Union Thug

You can disqualify yourself as a Saturday driver if you don’t want to drive on Saturdays. You’d still maintain your status as a TCD. We’ve done that here. But you’d still be subject to the forced Saturdays should you not have five reports and they need drivers.