Cover Driver Seniority

nkaio

I have been with UPS for a year and a half. I am on the preload but have never signed a bid sheet because i figured it would never get down to me. A fellow co-worker who has 6 months more seniority is number 50 on the list. Suddenly today someone with far less seniority then me is taking the test to become a cover driver. Do the Sups have to follow seniority on the bid sheet? If so can i file a valid greivence even though my name was not on the bid sheet?

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
I have been with UPS for a year and a half. I am on the preload but have never signed a bid sheet because i figured it would never get down to me. A fellow co-worker who has 6 months more seniority is number 50 on the list. Suddenly today someone with far less seniority then me is taking the test to become a cover driver. Do the Sups have to follow seniority on the bid sheet? If so can i file a valid greivence even though my name was not on the bid sheet?
No you cannot. It doesn't matter how much senority you have since you didn't sign the bid and the person with less senority did.

Whats 9.5?

Nevermind I see you said you didn't sign it.....I don't believe there's much you can do if you didn't sign it and the list has been taken down. Try again on the next list.

McGee

The Sups have to follow seniority on the bid sheet tho right?

Sign ALL BIDS ( a very wise green chap told me that a long time ago) hope that helps.
If you had signed the bid when your co-worker did, and by some unforeseen chance they didn't meet all of the qualifications, YOU would have been taking the test .

By The Book

If your supplement says that UPS has to contact you if your not there to sign the bid...on vacation, out do to injury,etc., this may be your only other way to be added to the bid. It's common practice for the employees to know where the bids are posted and its on the employee to sign the bids. UPS is not required to come and ask you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sign the list Dummy!

th

Turdferguson

Just a turd
What exactly would you file on?

1Low59

We have that problem in my center. Once a higher seniority person bids, no one below will sign. I sign all bid lists. You never know what the outcome will be. Some just sign to mess around with others.

Box Ox

I have been with UPS for a year and a half. I am on the preload but have never signed a bid sheet because i figured it would never get down to me.

Never know exactly who can/can't drive a stick, has recent accidents or tickets on their record or might not (or might not want to once they get a taste) make their 30 days. Sign all bids.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have that problem in my center. Once a higher seniority person bids, no one below will sign. I sign all bid lists. You never know what the outcome will be. Some just sign to mess around with others.

The best way to deal with those who "sign to mess around with others" is to force them to either take the bid or not be allowed to bid for 1-2 years.