New cover driver language in practice - How's your center implementing?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I'm bored after 1 week on a route. The thought of doing the same route for 20 years like some guys sounds like insanity to me.
I liked delivering for Amazon because they would switch the routes every month and I got to really know the city. That and discover all the good places to eat.

DOK

They jump them for driving, and vacation picks or just driving?
All cover drivers are classified as part time in our building. When a route comes up for permanent bid if they decline it, the next cover driver below them can take it and become full time, thereby jumping them in seniority.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
All cover drivers are classified as part time in our building. When a route comes up for permanent bid if they decline it, the next cover driver below them can take it and become full time, thereby jumping them in seniority.
So have cover drivers completed a packet?

Wow interesting. Pension credits?
They're PTers that cover and drive for vacations, prime week, peak, etc. They work inside unless needed to drive. They get FT pension credits (southwest) if they drive for three days in a week. If they work 156 days in a year, that center has to post a new FT bid. If they're called to drive without being scheduled 30 times in 90 days, that center has to post a new FT bid.

govols019

You smell that?
They're PTers that cover and drive for vacations, prime week, peak, etc. They work inside unless needed to drive. They get FT pension credits (southwest) if they drive for three days in a week. If they work 156 days in a year, that center has to post a new FT bid. If they're called to drive without being scheduled 30 times in 90 days, that center has to post a new FT bid

Man, if I could've gotten full time credit like that when I was a TCD I would be gone at the end of this contract.

Johney

They're PTers that cover and drive for vacations, prime week, peak, etc. They work inside unless needed to drive. They get FT pension credits (southwest) if they drive for three days in a week. If they work 156 days in a year, that center has to post a new FT bid. If they're called to drive without being scheduled 30 times in 90 days, that center has to post a new FT bid.
They use to cut those guys off at 155 days in my old center.

542thruNthru

Clearly, they do.
tumblr_okgfdxpaZZ1rfd7lko1_500.gif
tumblr_p6jbi5GY3M1sk9i0co4_500.gif