New cover driver language in practice - How's your center implementing?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I am the greatest RPCD to walk the face of the earth
🧔‍♂️✊
IMG_5100.gif

BrownSnowFlake

I'm bored after 1 week on a route. The thought of doing the same route for 20 years like some guys sounds like insanity to me.
Funny story. One of my on-roads called me on my vacation and practically begged me to sign a bid for a route that I didn’t even know where it was. In the end I’m glad I did bc it has maybe 5 businesses on a heavy day.

Anyhow some of these drivers whine and complain about the dumbest stuff. Drive the truck, sling the boxes, go home. I get paid by the hour and it’s literally all the exact same. Of all the things the union could bargain for these guys are gonna stand on which identical cookie cutter subdivision they’re wasting their life in.

WorknLateHuh

it's frustrating that i've been a cover driver for 15 years (lead cover for most of the time) and it's like pulling teeth to get the routes you want. Last year i decided to take my own route, and then they implement this.

pkgdriver

it's frustrating that i've been a cover driver for 15 years (lead cover for most of the time) and it's like pulling teeth to get the routes you want. Last year i decided to take my own route, and then they implement this.
My center has had bid sheets(for unassigned drivers) for next weeks vacations for probably eight years.