cover driver time frame

bb111

Hello everyone i was recently hired in package handling i wanted to know the averege time that i could expect to start cover driving! My good friend started in 1 1/2 years but i wanted some more input on this, I'm at a center in central fl.
Thanks for any info!!

brownrodster

Hello everyone i was recently hired in package handling i wanted to know the averege time that i could expect to start cover driving! My good friend started in 1 1/2 years but i wanted some more input on this, I'm at a center in central fl.
Thanks for any info!!

It is completely different in each building. All you can do is look at the last few new drivers in your building as a rough estimate to how much time it may take you to become a driver. I know of centers that are hiring off the street and centers that it takes more than 5 years to get a driving job.

C

Curious George

Find out when you will be having drivers start to retire. Next through conversation find out how many package handlers want to go into driving; this will give you a better clue on where you stand in line for a steering wheel. Also don't get to discouraged if there is quite a few ahead of you, they may not have clean driving records!

over9five

Staff member
Some of the less senior people here tell me they look for oppurtunities....

...like a senior driver walking out into traffic while they're driving by.

Vultures!