Covid pay

snowcat66

Well I avoided getting covid all this time and then contracted it from my wife. We both got tested 10 days ago and were both positive. Heres the fun part because no matter how mild your covid is you cant come back til they tell you so. Both our cases were mild. Actually mine was over after 4 th day. Thats fine but heres the best. At first i was told first week pay is guarantee. 2nd week you have too use sick days or vacation...then i get a call stating i had to use my sick days and vacation week 1! Now i know for a fact thru others at my station that they got their guarantee first week no questions asked. The hr lady from ny was telling me each case is different. I told her ill go to each person and ask cause they are friends. She said that s not a good idea.. well this was not the case with others. Management is saying well they paid out wrong from beginning. Lol. So i will be the suffering saint.. doesnt seem fair. Sounds like if your out its best to say you need to quarantine because you may have been exposed. Do not say you have tested positive as then you are saying your sick so must use sick days and vacation.. im sure they have ran out of all the money they recieved from the Government...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well I avoided getting covid all this time and then contracted it from my wife. We both got tested 10 days ago and were both positive. Heres the fun part because no matter how mild your covid is you cant come back til they tell you so. Both our cases were mild. Actually mine was over after 4 th day. Thats fine but heres the best. At first i was told first week pay is guarantee. 2nd week you have too use sick days or vacation...then i get a call stating i had to use my sick days and vacation week 1! Now i know for a fact thru others at my station that they got their guarantee first week no questions asked. The hr lady from ny was telling me each case is different. I told her ill go to each person and ask cause they are friends. She said that s not a good idea.. well this was not the case with others. Management is saying well they paid out wrong from beginning. Lol. So i will be the suffering saint.. doesnt seem fair. Sounds like if your out its best to say you need to quarantine because you may have been exposed. Do not say you have tested positive as then you are saying your sick so must use sick days and vacation.. im sure they have ran out of all the money they recieved from the Government...
Not sure why every case is different. Either you have it or you don’t. Either you quarantine or you don’t. FedEx always has to complicate and over think everything.

AB831

Fat Freddy is always quick to punish those who do the right thing and reward those who show no regard for what they’re supposed to do.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Ask for a GFT packet and follow through.

fedx

Extra Large Package
A few weeks ago I had a friend that I was hanging out with one weekend call me and tell me he tested positive for covid just a few days after we went out to eat. I debated on telling my manager, because I didn't want to burn up my sick and vacation time and because I felt fine. So after talking to someone who asked me "you didn't take a covid test did you?" and I said no, he said well then you haven't tested positive. So I went to work as normal, feeling fine. Now had FedEx had some deal where you could use time off without it hurting your personal time off, then I would have told my manager and taken a test. I may not have actually had covid since I didn't take a test. The fact that I would have to use my own time off for covid was the deciding factor for me to not take a test.

snowcat66

These people in payroll and HR so naive. I told them when people find out about this no one's going to purposely say they're sick and they'll just continue to come to work even with a mild case because the symptoms are exactly like a cold. Her response was classic. Oh I hope not.. I said lady they're doing it now..

ManInBrown

Each case is different lolol. My lord 😂 how stupid could that HR person be to even say that.