Covid + probation

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
They fired me lol

I called in sick Monday & Tuesday, sup didn't say its an issue or anything, he texts me Wednesday saying we gotta let you go, cites attendance. Literally a sign at the guard shack saying you can't enter if you have covid symptoms :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ironically just last week one of the safety/mentors dudes says we've been watching you you're doing a good job we want you to stay

Oh well
2. Can my employer fire me if I do not show up to work because I tested positive for COVID-19 or a local or state authority ordered me to isolate?

Under CalOSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standards, employers are required to continue and maintain your earnings, seniority, and all other rights and benefits, including the right to your job status, when the employer prevents you from entering the workplace because of a positive COVID-19 test or a COVID-19-related order to isolate issued by a local or state.

This requirement does not apply to any period of time during which you are unable to work for reasons other than protecting people at the workplace from possible COVID-19 transmission or where an employer demonstrates that your exposure to COVID-19 was not work-related. These standards are currently set to expire on May 29, 2021, with potential extensions of up to 90-days if reapproved.

If you believe your employer has violated this standard, please contact CalOSHA via 800-963-9424 or file a workplace safety complaint online here. If you feel as though your employer retaliated against you for exercising your rights under these emergency standards, please contact the California Labor Commissioner via 844-522-6734.

If your employer fires you for not coming to work in compliance with a government directive (government mandated isolation), you may have a claim for wrongful termination in violation of public policy. You can find more information about wrongful termination here.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Do you have a positive covid test?
I am telling you the company on a local level will do whatever they want but you would stand an infinitely larger chance with that paper in hand than without.
Keep it up like you still have a job there, get the :censored2: test, and i can garuntee you there's still a chance they keep you.

Mst3k

Who fired you? A part time Sup or a full time Sup? I have never heard of anyone getting fired over text. If you are in California then show back up when you are better and if they continue to insist that you are fired then let the state deal with it.

allahuakbar

She/Her
He banged out two days in a row and never got tested.
You’re done. You shoulda got tested Monday. When you’re in probation you have no days off unfortunately especially when you don’t see a doctor or get tested.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
He banged out two days in a row and never got tested.
You’re done. You shoulda got tested Monday. When you’re in probation you have no days off unfortunately especially when you don’t see a doctor or get tested.
That’s one occurrence. Where he screwed up is he did it while still being in probation where they can let you go for any reason and without recourse. That is if this whole story isn’t BS which it kind of sounds like it is.