Covid19 Emergency Pay?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
My supervisor and HR have stopped me from entering the building because I was sick, they have quarantined me for health and safety reasons. It's been about 3 weeks to a month. I applied for the emergency pay and sent to to them on week 2. Havent heard anything about it, or had seen pay. What do I do?
Quit eating your boogers. Or chewing your nails. Wash those hands bro.

tramtwo

Here's an interesting fact the people who approve you for being paid for emergency covid leave are not the actual people who adjust the time cards. UPS at its finest.

I got paid for the first week the jury is still out for the second.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200406-224443~2.png
    Screenshot_20200406-224443~2.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 217

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Here's an interesting fact the people who approve you for being paid for emergency covid leave are not the actual people who adjust the time cards. UPS at its finest.

I got paid for the first week the jury is still out for the second.

That is accurate. The center still needs to code you as whatever code they have for this for the initial days and then probably another code for the approval from HRSC. Due to the agreement they most likely won't pay you outside the 13 days so it would probably be best to go on STD/FMLA if you are out longer to keep your health insurance.

IAmUPSet

I recently spoke to my supervisor. He told me to get back to work I need to get a clearance not from the doctor, which I'm working on right now. I also feel like there is part of the Union contract not being withheld, the rarity of this virus doesnt exempt the contract. So regardless I'm going to seek pay for those days, especially the 2 weeks, but for sure am pushing for the whole month I've been out of work.

I have the whole conversation in writing with my supervisors, he said I am not allowed in to work because of health and safety reasons. In fact he suggested I go deliver for Amazon until this virus stuff is clear.

Thank you for the information, I wish the best for all of you.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I recently spoke to my supervisor. He told me to get back to work I need to get a clearance not from the doctor, which I'm working on right now. I also feel like there is part of the Union contract not being withheld, the rarity of this virus doesnt exempt the contract. So regardless I'm going to seek pay for those days, especially the 2 weeks, but for sure am pushing for the whole month I've been out of work.

I have the whole conversation in writing with my supervisors, he said I am not allowed in to work because of health and safety reasons. In fact he suggested I go deliver for Amazon until this virus stuff is clear.

Thank you for the information, I wish the best for all of you.

You can tell him that the Amazon gig is no longer an option-----they have suspended their delivery operation due to the crisis.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
They’re not operating fully. Drive by a facility everday and their vans are parked.
I think the irrelevant one is referring to Amazons announcement today that they are suspending their 3rd party deliveries that directly compete with UPS and FedEx. He said they "suspended their delivery operation", which is not true.

tramtwo

Those of us under Teamcare can have a covid short-term disability paid for any time that goes beyond the two weeks. Here it's like $300 a week. But then you'd be qualified for food stamps. :D

IAmUPSet

Update: Solved.

Contacting the Union directly, via email resolved the issues. They asked for proof I was quarantined, so I sent them the written proof of text messages with my supervisor. They were angry, they said ignore getting a clearance note, start work tomorrow. Also, they are going to make sure I get paid.

If you're stuck in the situation, dont give up, there are always ways. I'd suggest downloading the Teamster App, going to contacts and sending out emails.

542thruNthru

Update: Solved.

Contacting the Union directly, via email resolved the issues. They asked for proof I was quarantined, so I sent them the written proof of text messages with my supervisor. They were angry, they said ignore getting a clearance note, start work tomorrow. Also, they are going to make sure I get paid.

If you're stuck in the situation, dont give up, there are always ways. I'd suggest downloading the Teamster App, going to contacts and sending out emails.

Hope you remember this next time you think the union isn't there for you. :)

D

Deleted member 77202

My supervisor and HR have stopped me from entering the building because I was sick, they have quarantined me for health and safety reasons. It's been about 3 weeks to a month. I applied for the emergency pay and sent to to them on week 2. Havent heard anything about it, or had seen pay. What do I do?
You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting money for NOT working.