Covid19 Emergency Pay?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by IAmUPSet, Apr 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. IAmUPSet

IAmUPSet New Member

My supervisor and HR have stopped me from entering the building because I was sick, they have quarantined me for health and safety reasons. It's been about 3 weeks to a month. I applied for the emergency pay and sent to to them on week 2. Havent heard anything about it, or had seen pay. What do I do?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  2. MenInBrown

MenInBrown Well-Known Member

Contact an attorney. Contact the NLRB if the union will not help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Did you contact the emergency hotline? HR and ups has nothing to do with this program.

4. Devil-advocate

Devil-advocate New Member

If it helps no pay here around same timeline.

5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Have either of you contacted your local or have contacted UPS HR and asked what's going on?

• List
  6. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

That’s crazy, so management in your building is refusing to allow you to come to work? They better be paying you, for every day you’re out. I’m not saying they are right or wrong. If you are sick you shouldn’t be there. But you have to be paid.

7. Brown Down

Brown Down Active Member

Don't want to give away info that could identify myself but the hotline is beyond a joke

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. 542thruNthru

So contact your local and file a grievance for not being paid plus penalty pay.

9. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

filled the form on the 27th and got this email on the 2nd upload_2020-4-6_16-48-28.png

10. DRporch

DRporch Active Member

I’m in the same scenario, the hotline wants a dr note proof even though ups was not allowing me to come back to work. I went to the hospital to be tested no test was given. Hospital wouldn’t give a dr note, So far I contacted my BA he said to ask for a supervisor don’t deal with the normal people on that hotline. But so far 3 weeks as well with talks with a bunch of people and each email response taking 5-7 days i am not much further. My BA said try the supervisor route first and after that we will see what to do

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. 542thruNthru

Have you contacted your manager? When you tell the hotline that your manager is forcing you to quarantine what are they saying?

Are you able to get in contact with your steward and have him/her file a grievance for your garunteed hours that the company is not allowing you to get?

12. DRporch

DRporch Active Member

It was some ups nurse who’s been the one who wasn’t allowing me to come back, im giving them one more chance after talking with my BA and then I will be filling. The 5-7 day waiting period per email is the real killer here

13. Anarchy86

Anarchy86 New Member

Sounds like the same stuff im dealing with. Except they want me back at work.

14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Why would they do that?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

You've been off three weeks to a month...how long do you think you should be out at this point? I can understand wanting to get paid for the 14 day period but why are you still out of work?

16. Anarchy86

Anarchy86 New Member

Ive only been off 16 days. I wanted to find out why the hell I haven't been paid before I go back to risk my safety.

17. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I must be missing something...your words,

Still on your side about getting paid while out for 14 days but why are you still out? After the 10 days the company is (supposed to or hopefully will pay ) you will have to take FMLA or STD. So are you out on your terms or are the docs telling you to stay out?

18. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Well-Known Member

you should have gotten a response by now...

20200331_211440.jpg

19. Anarchy86

Anarchy86 New Member

I meant we were both having problems getting paid for the leave. I'm back tomorrow. They couldn't care less if I got cleared to come back.

20. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

That’s BS. Ask them where to pick up your paycheck for the days you were told you were not allowed to work, per the UPS nurse.

• List