Covington H.S. incident - On Topic

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
On topic please!!
You mean the Covington high school "blackface" incident?
itk1cv8dvsb21.jpg

Box Ox

You mean the Covington high school "blackface" incident?
View attachment 232438

That guy at center-left wearing the ski goggles is looking pretty racist too. Look at that degree of black head and face coverage. If all that black had been paint, he'd definitely be :censored2:ed.

And look at all those kids clothed primarily in black in that one picture. That's no black color-themed school event. That's gotta be a racist Ya'll Qaeda training camp.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That guy at center-left wearing the ski goggles is looking pretty racist too. Look at that degree of black head and face coverage. If all that black had been paint, he'd definitely be :censored2:ed.

And look at all those kids clothed primarily in black in that one picture. That's no black color-themed school event. That's gotta be a racist Ya'll Qaeda training camp.
You've convinced me, this is just what the face of "School Spirit" looks like in Kentucky.
Lol.
Screenshot_20190122-111705.png

Box Ox

Are you suggesting he was simply ignorant of what blackface is? Get real man.

I'm saying that the only reason it's assumed he's doing anything wrong at all is because he is wearing black paint and not any other color. Everyone around him is in black. It is an all-black event. Nobody's strutting in there with items you'd typically spot in racist caricatures or minstrel shows.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm saying that the only reason it's assumed he's doing anything wrong at all is because he is wearing black paint and not any other color. Everyone around him is in black. It is an all-black event. Nobody's strutting in there with items you'd typically spot in racist caricatures or minstrel shows.
Uh, ya, because there isn't a racist history associated with purple face.

The reason he's in the wrong is because he put on blackface makeup. I mean hell, even if you give the other guys painted in black a pass, the kid put on white lips and eyes. He knew what he was doing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Seriously? You’re defending blackface? You see nothing wrong with that?

Do me a favor. Send your daughter to a basketball game in blackface. (I’m guessing she at least will know better.)

Get back to me.
I’m not defending it but playing devils advocate.

I’ve learned in life that people who are isolated with their own race tend to be ignorant on what might set another race off, that’s both black and white.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Seriously? You’re defending blackface? You see nothing wrong with that?

Do me a favor. Send your daughter to a basketball game in blackface. (I’m guessing she at least will know better.)

Get back to me.
My daughter would know better because she had the benefit of growing up with many races, nationalities.