Louisville Incident

Thebrownblob

You brought up constitutional god given rights. I thought they were bestowed upon us by the founding fathers.
OK I see where your confusion is. I didn’t actually bring it up, the founders did.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,”

You can call the creator, whoever you want, if god bothers you.

I realize that particular word as mentioned in the constitution, but it’s the basis for which all of these rates were formed, and acknowledged.

bacha29

Once again another mass shooting,once again many on here say it isn't a gun issue.
If more guns made the people safer the USA would be the absolute safest country in the world
Whenever there's a mass shooting what group puts on the loudest expression of shock and outrage? Why it's none other than the gun lobby/radical right.
Now when the left proposes even the most modest of gun control bills the radical right/gun lobby makes certain that it never makes it out of committee but offers nothing in an attempt to stem the gun violence.
It would therefore appear that what the gun lobby/radical right really wants is the militarization on America resulting in a de facto police state with so many daily shootings that the homicide divisions couldn't even begin keeping up with the investigations of all them to the point where they are no longer even being reported let alone investigated.

In the meantime one can only hope that the radical right/gun lobby's supply of insincere expressions of "thoughts and prayers" never becomes exhausted.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Whenever there's a mass shooting what group puts on the loudest expression of shock and outrage? Why it's none other than the gun lobby/radical right.
Now when the left proposes even the most modest of gun control bills the radical right/gun lobby makes certain that it never makes it out of committee but offers nothing in an attempt to stem the gun violence.
It would therefore appear that what the gun lobby/radical right really wants is the militarization on America resulting in a de facto police state with so many daily shootings that the homicide divisions couldn't even begin keeping up with the investigations of all them to the point where they are no longer even being reported let alone investigated.

In the meantime one can only hope that the radical right/gun lobby's supply of insincere expressions of "thoughts and prayers" never becomes exhausted.
How about proposing enforcement of, and punishment under, existing laws. Maybe even enhancing the punishment. Like, cut off their hand if a gun is used in the commission of a felony. Actually put some fear of the punishment in their head.