Cradle issues

dogs.bite.me

Well... one thing I can say about the new DIAD is that you don't ever have to worry about a non-functional/missing cradle in order to have MapNav and working GPS.

I still can't tell if they charge or not, but I aim for 100% cradle utilization and I just ended a 13.5hr day at 87% battery. DIAD 6 might just have awesome battery life, idk.

It wirelessly charges. Lol. You can see the lightning bolt in the battery icon if you get your cheaters out.

tadpole

Has anybody had success in getting a DIAD 6 cradle fixed? Mine will charge the battery but won't go into navigation. It used to only work half of the time, now it never works. When written up, the mechanics just say it is getting power, OK to operate.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Has anybody had success in getting a DIAD 6 cradle fixed? Mine will charge the battery but won't go into navigation. It used to only work half of the time, now it never works. When written up, the mechanics just say it is getting power, OK to operate.
Do you really need the gps? The map is on the board.

Ups135

Ohio driver here too.

Look, being thrown in the blind with no training isn't a new thing that UPS just learned to do, it's happened to almost every one of us. Sure it sucks, but we manage through it.

Although this site is a cancer of jaded employees with very little to offer other than insult, there have been a few comments you've brushed off as not acceptable.

1. The eBay craddle: no, you are not allowed to buy one and install it in the truck. It's not your vehicle and you are not a UPS mechanic.

2. Get a map book so you know where streets are and how they run. We used to use them all the time, Orion is new maybe 4 years old now, still very inefficient.

3. It's peak season, prepare for a month and a half of the same route every day, they tend not to move people around a lot during peak.

4. What have you been doing during your 2 years that you have not learned the little things. Like positive numbers on one side negative on the others, as you head north numbers get bigger or smaller. Not sure which way to turn, Right is probably the best bet. Where to look for numbers for a house? Deliver 1 street look at all the signs, turn around and do all the streets you just passed.

These are basic skills that a vast majority of drivers hold. If you work 14 hours a day every day during peak on the same route then I can't help you because you've clearly not learned anything.

Also it doesn't seem like you want to know how to deal with the problem but rather that you want to hear that you are right that you should be allowed to install a cradle in your truck.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
hell the only reason i want it in the cradle is the map disables the touch screen. So while i am driving between stops i get 30 seconds of brief relief from the rain-spattered touchscreen going off the rails.

HavenoEDD

I am a package car delivery driver in Ohio. We are having issues with a lack of cradles for peak. Some drivers went online and bought themselves new cradles to make peak smooth. A bunch of senior drivers are banding together to stop them from using the new cradles. They say we are not allowed to modify our trucks. How is this modifying our truck if it’s the same cradle that the mechanic would supply? Thoughts?
You don’t understand the big picture and that’s a huge problem with where most new and young drivers are at. It’s an epidemic with these people thinking management are friends and you need to run and gun.
Company knows some of you as going to go out and spend your own money on work related stuff. They scare you into working faster with less and you all bow to them.

Bottom line, if the company can’t provide you with equipment that is necessary for the job, enjoy the overtime and extra cash plus you have a reason for any issues on-road.

tadpole

So you only need it for one stop?
No I don't need it at all. But I'd like the cover drivers to have it when they do my route so I have less follow-ups, and it bugs me to have broken stuff on my truck.
I get that some people don't like it, or like being forced to use it when they don't need it. I get that it could be used to help them replace us more easily in a strike.

DOK

I'm the worst driver ever but I get paid well
I also know I cannot go on eBay and buy a cradle and the mount And tap into electrical system to make it work.

But you go girl
Guys in our center bought them online somewhere too, I was shocked they were available. Wonder if it was drivers from other centers selling them 😂.

Dewdewbrown

We are not allowed to use our phones while we drive smart ass. You must be a :censored2:ty driver
Be creative. Dont use it WHILE you drive. Set the address before you move. Get a earbuds or a bluetooth speaker or whatever. Buy a battery charger and speak the address to siri or google. Got me through before we had cradles. Wht happens when they give you a different truck or you run a different route than they gave you the day before?

Dewdewbrown

You aren't going to get any support here, sonny. Get a map and learn the route.
Eff that. They handed me a map for a route i ran in the blind and i threw that :censored2: in the trash before i left the building. Enter "ok google navigate to 1010 jones ave"....i aint lookin at a book all day