Crazy stories

Future

Victory Ride
My stupervisor told me, that the driver next to me shouldnt be driving. But yet he is still there being a SLUG...
Yep....got them on my boxline also......and going to role right into peak with them behind the wheel ........Good God!!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My stupervisor told me, that the driver next to me shouldnt be driving. But yet he is still there being a SLUG...

A supe should never ever talk to an hourly about another hourly. If you want to compare me to another driver make sure you smash them in the knees to make it a fair comparrison.

R

RuralRoute

One time, I was making $35 an hour driving for UPS, had a nice home, and a paid-for vehicle. Then I woke up from my nap and realized I was still an Express courier.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
True story:

Back in the day we had "One Time Pick Ups" where the customer would call in with the number and weight of their packages and you would get a whole bunch of labels to stick on them when you showed up.

One day I got the OTPU from Hell: 40+ packages going out of a 3rd floor apartment with no elevator. I saved it for the end of the day, so when I got there the lady had everything boxed up and ready to go. She was moving out of the apartment that she shared with an ex boyfriend and having all her possessions shipped to her new place via UPS. So she gives me a check and I stick the labels on each box and start hauling them 2 at a time down 3 flights of stairs with my handcart.

It was slow going, and I only had about 10 of them loaded when her boyfriend shows up and the two of them start talking and crying and hugging each other. As I am working, I start catching little bits of their conversation and it is sounding like they might make up, which means she might not move out, which means I might wind up hauling the boxes back up the stairs if she changes her mind.

Its a real dilemma for me because the more boxes I haul down the more I will have to haul back up. So I slowed down and started eavesdropping, trying to gauge where they were at in their relationship and how likely it was that she might change her mind. After I had about 20 of them down the stairs, the lady tells me to stop because she "needed to think about this for a few minutes".

At this point, I spoke up. I told them I would be willing to stop for 10 minutes, but at that point a decision would have to be made regarding the boxes and the boyfriend would have to help me load or unload them as needed to make up for the time I was losing by waiting for them.

They agreed to my terms so I went back to the truck to give them privacy. 10 minutes later they came out and told me she was staying. They both thanked me, and apologized for holding me up, and the boyfriend said that all I had to do was unload the packages onto the sidewalk and he would haul them all back up the stairs himself so that I could be on my way. They wound up getting married a year later.

Indecisi0n

True story:

Back in the day we had "One Time Pick Ups" where the customer would call in with the number and weight of their packages and you would get a whole bunch of labels to stick on them when you showed up.

One day I got the OTPU from Hell: 40+ packages going out of a 3rd floor apartment with no elevator. I saved it for the end of the day, so when I got there the lady had everything boxed up and ready to go. She was moving out of the apartment that she shared with an ex boyfriend and having all her possessions shipped to her new place via UPS. So she gives me a check and I stick the labels on each box and start hauling them 2 at a time down 3 flights of stairs with my handcart.

It was slow going, and I only had about 10 of them loaded when her boyfriend shows up and the two of them start talking and crying and hugging each other. As I am working, I start catching little bits of their conversation and it is sounding like they might make up, which means she might not move out, which means I might wind up hauling the boxes back up the stairs if she changes her mind.

Its a real dilemma for me because the more boxes I haul down the more I will have to haul back up. So I slowed down and started eavesdropping, trying to gauge where they were at in their relationship and how likely it was that she might change her mind. After I had about 20 of them down the stairs, the lady tells me to stop because she "needed to think about this for a few minutes".

At this point, I spoke up. I told them I would be willing to stop for 10 minutes, but at that point a decision would have to be made regarding the boxes and the boyfriend would have to help me load or unload them as needed to make up for the time I was losing by waiting for them.

They agreed to my terms so I went back to the truck to give them privacy. 10 minutes later they came out and told me she was staying. They both thanked me, and apologized for holding me up, and the boyfriend said that all I had to do was unload the packages onto the sidewalk and he would haul them all back up the stairs himself so that I could be on my way. They wound up getting married a year later.
Was he good looking?