Creative ways of "getting back"

Big Babooba

TF does not being on strike have to do with anything?
People are calling PVDs scabs. Scabs are people who are hired to replace striking employees. PVDs are not scabs. The company has always hired temporary drivers for Peak as long as I have been here. A PVD is a new twist on a temporary helper who supplies their own vehicle. I'm not fond of the idea and hopefully the issue will be addressed in the next contract.

People are calling PVDs scabs. Scabs are people who are hired to replace striking employees. PVDs are not scabs. The company has always hired temporary drivers for Peak as long as I have been here. A PVD is a new twist on a temporary helper who supplies their own vehicle. I'm not fond of the idea and hopefully the issue will be addressed in the next contract.
That is an antiquated definition. Words and their meanings evolve along with everything else. As RTW laws worked their way across the country, the term was used to describe any non-union worker performing bargaining unit work. Even the dictionary defines it as such now.

Hope you had a great Christmas union brother. ✊🏻

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Here’s a tip. Try actually doing your job the way you’re supposed to. If the consignee is still a Karen anyway, which many are, then just be an adult and ignore them.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I know, according to some, I'm not supposed to post here because I'm a PVD (still working Btw) but I'm looking for creative ways to pay back a "customer".
I delivered to a house by tossing the small box about 5' on to the porch. It was pitch black and the house is a dump. No sooner had it landed and this big goofy late teens-20yo comes out and says, "sir, why did you throw my package". I said, "show me damage". He said that's not the point. I was "disrespectful ". I walked away. Then he says, "don't do it again" and this earned him a pay back visit. I have plenty of ideas but I bet ya'll can get creative. Thanks.
For the inevitable flamers, I'm not obsessing over the issue and it occupies a bare minimum of thought time. I feel it's my duty to educate this young man 😬.
If you claim your "not obsessing" why post anything at all? Again you seem to be fishing for acceptance where none will be given.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Don't you listen? It's Christmas. Give hate a rest bro. You can hate on me tomorrow.
Why should they wait until tomorrow, because it's Christmas? You started this stupid thread on Christmas talking about how you want to be some "Billy-Bad-:censored2:" to a customer who called you out for being a screw up.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
You absolutely have every right to hide, or to not divulge may be a better way to put it, what your job at UPS is. I'd love to know why people are not forthcoming with this information simply out of curiosity. Can you enlighten me as to why folks don't share?
Uh, cuz you're an idiot.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Nope. I don't do that but plenty of your pals do.

Ya'll put yourselves in my position. I don't have a career to protect or be the slightest bit concerned about. Say that's you as well. Some little turd that's 1/3 your age "scolds" you for absolutely no reason (if you argue this go back & reread). He's a privileged POS and you are going to allow him to speak to you this way? You aren't going to do anything about it? Forget that you are a RPCD for UPS. Pretend you are not and tell me you are going to let him, or anyone, say, "don't do it again"?
This kid did this because he knew that he was empowered by the fact that he was the customer and I was his "boy". Ya'll weren't there and didn't hear his tone or see his body language.
If you haters want to allow little privleged wannabee bad bottoms to disrespect and abuse you go ahead. Not me. He will realize the error of his ways. It's my job to correct him seeing that I was the target of his poor behavior. It's really not at all complicated.
Nice way to let the authorities know where to look when you pull your bone-head move. What you seem to ignore is you initiated the problem with how you handled the package then compounded it by not just apologizing immediately.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I can't imagine being so weak that standing up for yourself AND what's right is too much effort. It's one reason society is going to the dumps.
I can’t imagine being so sensitive that a customer calling me out for not treating their package properly (as you admitted) would necessitate some form of payback. And cut the “society is going to the dumps” crap.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I know, according to some, I'm not supposed to post here because I'm a PVD (still working Btw) but I'm looking for creative ways to pay back a "customer".
I delivered to a house by tossing the small box about 5' on to the porch. It was pitch black and the house is a dump. No sooner had it landed and this big goofy late teens-20yo comes out and says, "sir, why did you throw my package". I said, "show me damage". He said that's not the point. I was "disrespectful ". I walked away. Then he says, "don't do it again" and this earned him a pay back visit. I have plenty of ideas but I bet ya'll can get creative. Thanks.
For the inevitable flamers, I'm not obsessing over the issue and it occupies a bare minimum of thought time. I feel it's my duty to educate this young man 😬.
Why dont you make out with him

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
?

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Society is going to the dumps though. The UPS guy used to be a fixture of the American community. Now it’s just some guy :censored2: -ing himself in a roach-filled Subaru and tossing packages from the street 😂
Agree about the state of society. Beyond that none of what you wrote is true. Think what you will but leave drama to the finer sex.

Re-Raise

Another example confirming how worthless 60yr old PVDs are!

You are literally too lazy to set his pkg down instead of throwing it?

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
You and other delivery drivers are in the service industry. Just like the HS girl serving you your hamburger and fries at McDonalds.
Absolutely. That's why I didn't express my disappointment in his behavior him while I was delivering/on the clock/employed by ups.