Credit Score

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had the hardest time convincing my wife of this as the Real Estate propaganda machine churns out lies to get the low-IQ people to spend as much on a house as possible.
I 'made us' live within our means and didn't buy a 'nice house' until I was 45 years old ... by then, we were millionaires and my wife had no clue.
A house is not an investment but it is a life style choice.
Now we have 8 acres on a creek outside Atlanta and a nice house and a house in the mountains and one close to the Gulf and all are paid off ... all because we lived well below our means in our first 25 years of marriage.
It can be an investment but you have to be willing to risk it to borrow against it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It can be an investment but you have to be willing to risk it to borrow against it.
You have to know the locality trends and assume risks.
That’s where brokers make a lot of their money. I did ok in the 80’s and broke even in the 90’s over Treasury notes as a basis.
I bought my retirement home in 1999 and still live here.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You have to know the locality trends and assume risks.
That’s where brokers make a lot of their money. I did ok in the 80’s and broke even in the 90’s over Treasury notes as a basis.
I bought my retirement home in 1999 and still live here.
giphy - 2019-09-16T190859.213.gif

Jesus what a snoozefest of a thread. Holy crap it's taken two days to read 20 posts, I need a nap after every 2 or 3 posts

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
lol
760ish is enough to get the best rates. But keep jerking off over numbers if that's what does it for you old man.
Might get you the rates but above 825 will get you ZERO down and no additional documentation.
At Suntrust, my score got me 1% above Prime rather than 2% or more above Prime.
We bought my wife's last Highlander at 2.53% interest with Zero down.
Since your score is not this high, you probably are not aware of the extra perks.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Well, you are a low-energy person!
Take some caffeine tablets for gosh sakes!
Might get you the rates but above 825 will get you ZERO down and no additional documentation.
Since your score is not this high, you probably are not aware of the extra perks.
tenor (41).gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
760 will get you the top tier financing manufacturers offer, very often 0%. I sorry you didn't get a good rate fren.

FICO bankcard 9 model for credit card lending goes up to 900.
Some people do not realize how important your credit score is. Not only the amount of interest you can save over your life time by getting lower interest rates on loans. Did you know many employers check your credit score when applying for a job?
Also many insurance companies check your score to see if you may be considered a high risk.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Some people do not realize how important your credit score is. Not only the amount of interest you can save over your life time by getting lower interest rates on loans. Did you know many employers check your credit score when applying for a job?
Also many insurance companies check your score to see if you may be considered a high risk.
They stopped counting medical debt, tax lien delinquencies, and paid off debts that went to collections.

Now they've got a new scoring model that counts rent and bank account history lol. Everyone gets a trophy!