Cursive writing

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They are teaching kids how to write code now as early as in elementary school. These kids are the same ones who will be making more money in a year than many of us will see in a lifetime. Just saying...........
Knows how to write code....can't spell the word "restaurant" without spellcheck or know how much change to give a customer back from a $20 if they hit the $50 button by mistake. Ahh...life skills.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Knows how to write code....can't spell the word "restaurant" without spellcheck or know how much change to give a customer back from a $20 if they hit the $50 button by mistake. Ahh...life skills.

Or doesn't know that Connecticut is not a city in one of the 50 states.

Or couldn't find China, the country that pretty much owns us, on the map to save their lives.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Kids today are so dependent on electronics...everything is typed on a comp with spell check so I dont have to know how to spell very good....because auto correct will spell it for me. I don't have to remember anything because my phone will remember it for me or I can just look it up on google.
We will all be one EMP away from the Stone Age.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Spelling is overrated. Some of the most brilliant people I know can't spel l for :censored2:.
Yes, some are better spellers than others but it should still be taught in school, regardless of the inventions of spellcheck auto correct, and text speak (which I loathe).
images-4.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
With kids doing more texting than writing with proper spelling many probably don't know how to spell.
No but your brain figures it out most of the time. You do need to spell well enough not to look dumb.

I still contend cursive writing brings nothing to the table.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I grew up in the generation that taught and emphasized penmanship and cursive writing in school. You know what? I can only barely remember how to write in cursive now. Other than my signature, I print out everything I still have to write, like when I fill out a delivery notice. Like it or not, keyboard and computer skills are the future, cursive is the past. Learning cursive makes about as much sense as writing with a quill and an inkwell instead of a ball-point pen.

moreluck

golden ticket member
With kids doing more texting than writing with proper spelling many probably don't know how to spell.
I get e-mails from my daughter in Hawaii and 'da' is their main word. "Drivin down da street." I really hate it because she wasn't taught that way.. But everything is there.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
All that really matters is that you can communicate effectively, ie, can the people that you're talking to understand what you're saying. Obsessing over grammar, writing style, and speech patterns amounts to valuing form over function.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All that really matters is that you can communicate effectively, ie, can the people that you're talking to understand what you're saying. Obsessing over grammar, writing style, and speech patterns amounts to valuing form over function.
Unless steward is your stewart. Then things just get confusing.