Customer claims damage to property?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I knew for a fact I didn't hit anything I'd fight it tooth and nail. Your BA should be all over this! If anything I would think it would be a working termination until evidence was found. I think I remember you being in Feeder. Was your friend in a package truck or Feeder truck?

The policy now is to pull you off the road until the investigation has been completed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What does telematics and gps say? Was he even around the property? His steward should be able to request that information.

One of the first things that local management does when called out to an accident such as this is to pull the SD card from the black box. This will show the vehicle movements at or around the time of the alleged incident.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree it use to be that they would investigate all claims of an accident made by homeowners, but now they will threaten to fire you so they can get out of paperwork. I'm sure @Dragon would be honest and tell you the truth about how management deals with bogus accident claims.

They investigate them the same as the legitimate ones.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The policy now is to pull you off the road until the investigation has been completed.

That's a lot of financial liability to incur on the company's part....

since the National language addresses it.

"In the event of a vehicle accident, the Employer shall have twenty (20) days to complete its investigation, if warranted, and ten (10) days to take disciplinary action, if any, unless otherwise mutually agreed. Except for serious accidents, where the driver may be presumed to be at fault, a driver will not be removed from the payroll during an investigation of the accident."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
29064285_1583352605094052_2588500296164810737_o.jpg

And then....

We have a new contender.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
If I knew for a fact I didn't hit anything I'd fight it tooth and nail. Your BA should be all over this! If anything I would think it would be a working termination until evidence was found. I think I remember you being in Feeder. Was your friend in a package truck or Feeder truck?
If they fire me for this I would grieve it...demand back pay and sit at home until my hearing.
I would also sue the homeowner for lost wages and mental anguish

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I agree it use to be that they would investigate all claims of an accident made by homeowners, but now they will threaten to fire you so they can get out of paperwork. I'm sure @Dragon would be honest and tell you the truth about how management deals with bogus accident claims.

I would have gone out to the accident site and have the driver meet me. You would be amazed how fast the home owner back tracks when I have the truck the driver and myself at the house. Dropping "Insurance fraud" in a couple of sentences will wrap up that BS also. People do not expect you to do a face to face.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Which is bs.... unless it’s a serious accident where people are injured or killed(which is understandable)... hitting a fence or a statue...??? That’s bs, and the union should put a stop to that!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I would have gone out to the accident site and have the driver meet me. You would be amazed how fast the home owner back tracks when I have the truck the driver and myself at the house. Dropping "Insurance fraud" in a couple of sentences will wrap up that BS also. People do not expect you to do a face to face.
You should talk to my center manager then and you can teach him that trick.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You do that between your 2 hour lunch, or between spying on your guys like some wantabe fbi :censored2: bag???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Good job getting off your ass... you want a Scooby snack for doing that??