Customer counter

over9five

Staff member
I have a customer who shipped three packages to the same address from the customer counter.

I have since returned two of them to her which were refused by the consignee.

The third? No one knows. I suspect the consignee accepted it. Unfortunately, she lost the customer counter receipt, so I don't have the third tracking number.

Also unfortunately, the customer counter did not enter it as a three lot, so I can't get the third number that way.

The 800 number is useless.

My question is, Can the customer counter come up with the third tracking number?

Hangingon

You might be able to search the receivers address in the system to see if they received any packages on the scheduled date and then see if the shipper number matches for the customer counter. The odds are pretty slim though, especially if it was awhile ago.

wily_old_vet

9.5-If you are tight with your OMS maybe they could call the center the pkgs went to and ask them to do a data query for that address. A lot would depend on how long ago this was. If your customer still has either of the refused boxes it should have the date they arrived at the consignee in the service cross. Just a thought.

spidey

Customer Centers keep paperwork on daily shipments. It will take some research, you will need to know what day it was sent and go through it transaction by transaction, but it can be found. My center has found this sort of thing that way many times, and they also used this to figure out who their mystery shopper was :thumbup:

Also, the ett search using the receivers address is an excellent suggestion. However, if it never reached there you'll need to do it the tedious way. Good luck!

tieguy

Banned
A quick way may be by sequencing. If you want to pm me with the tracking numbers and address they're going to I might be able to find it.

H

Help with tracking

I just helped someone with this same thing. Have your OMS go into ETT and track the packages by shipper. You type in the shipper, date, and destination zip and it should yield the tracking numbers to that adddress.

ups79

it used to be that the tracking numbers would increase by the number '9'. if they still do the lost tracking number would be either greater or less by 9 then the other two parcels that you have tracking numbers for.

tieguy

Banned
Unless the last number was a 0 through 2 in which the next number increases by 19.

Crossing a thousand number where the last 4 are going from 3998 to 400...the next number either jumps by 8 or 18.

Crossing the 10,000 and then it inscreases by 7 or 17.

And then there is or was the occasional gap placed where they jump into left to throw you off.

over9five

Staff member
Thanks for all the responses. I have turned all info over to our local "super clerk".

(Damn OK2B! Never around when ya need him!)

DS

Fenderbender
What was in the box? I think this is important.
If its anything illegal consider it gone.
If it made it back to your hub you may be able to find it.
Maybe the address got obliterated and its sitting in overgoods.