Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Customer demands I tape box

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by purehavanne, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

All of the time basically but unless it’s unsafe or falsifying records I do what they say.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Amazon questions nothing. That's like worrying what's in a dish network box.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

If a return item isn't there, it isn't there. And it doesn't have to be an Amazon box either. Could be anything.

4. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

I would not doubt the hot dogs were still cooking?
    "Wait a few minutes and you can join joe bob and nilly bob and me for hot dogs and beer!

5. PeakMode

PeakMode Arrive Peak Leave

If the customer is nice, then I would do what Jim Casey would expected us to do. But, we are not obligated to tape up pickups. It is suppose to be ready to be transferred to our care...we are not mobile UPS stores

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

It's a piece of tape..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Sabbra Cadabra

I'd tape it...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2019
  8. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

I only accept properly packaged and labeled parcels that are in compliance with the terms of shipper agreement.

Besides. I have no tape. That's why UPS had such an awesome Q2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

I didn't get paid to tape boxes.
    Go paid to deliver and pick up packages with my Package Car.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Nope
    Tape isn't cheap....if it was UPS would actually supply it.

11. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I have posted this before.....

Several years ago, a woman accused me of opening a box I delivered to her to look through it and decide if I wanted to keep anything. She said that I taped the box back up and thought she would not notice.

I quit carrying tape that day. I was a cover guy for 15+ years. When I was on someone's route, I left their tapegun in the building, next to where their truck was parked. If I was running a crap wagon, I just left the tape in the building.

A couple of years later, I had an RS3 calltag for the same woman that accused me of opening her package. She tried to give me a box with stuff half falling out and I said, "You will have to tape that up, I'll pick it up tomorrow."

She told me to tape it up.

"Sorry, I no longer carry tape. Someone accused me of trying to steal something and cover it up by taping up the box. She ruined it for everyone. I do not carry tape."
    She threw the box at me, told me to effen tape it, because that was my job.

NR1
    The next day, the box was still on the lawn, where she had thrown it at me.
    NR2
    The next day, I did another route, which kind of bummed me out, because I want to NR3 it and I am fairly certain that the woman that ran the route, picked it up and taped it closed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. I don't stress myself out over stupid stuff like that. I don't mind throwing a piece of tape on every now and again.
    Actually I have to take up way more stuff that I'm delivering because the boxes are falling apart.

13. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

Yeah it's not rocket science.

14. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

Different generation I imagine. Different times and different attitudes.

15. WorkinLateHuh

WorkinLateHuh Active Member

in my truck i carry packing peanuts, foam, a scale, and a label printer in case the customer is completely useless

16. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

And some drivers wonder why they have 200 stops a day. I had 48 today and I would gladly retape every one of them mfers. I guess running is more fun. I'll never know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

It’s all about the customer’s attitude to me. If they’re genuinely trying to get it out and conscientiously asking if I can tape it, I have no problem with it whatsoever.

If they’re being jackasses and telling me what my job is and how to do it, well, we can make that attempt again tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Wilson1397

Wilson1397 Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

Actually if you are on the clock then you do get paid to tape them..........just saying

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Well-Known Member

With her, I would do the same thing.

Few people keep packing tape in the house. It takes about 15 seconds to slap on a piece of tape.

20. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

Totally depends. If it’s just a normal sized amazon box with one flap still open and the people are nice; no problem. 20 seconds out of my day.
    But a mini fridge? I would’ve laughed in the lady’s face and calmly explained that we don’t prepare the parcels for return, that is on the customer. If it’s rs3 it’s “we will try again tomorrow, I apologize for the inconvenience.”
    If it’s rs1; “I’ll have to just leave this with you ma’am, we do offer on demand pickup service if you’d like us to come back.”
    Easy peasy.
    If the customer gets snippy, it’s smile, have a nice day, wave on your way back to the truck. I’ve been screamed at and I actually find it hilarious, no reason to feel demeaned because some desperate housewife is too stupid to read directions properly. Laughing all the way to the next stop.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List