Customer demands I tape box

KoennenTiger

I keep a tape gun in the truck, but I never tape up customer’s call tag returns for them. It sets a bad precedent. You have to train your customers to have their crap ready to go when you show up. If you pack and tape up their box for them, they’ll expect that kind of service every time.

Oh wow you can keep a tape gun in your truck?! I have a nice set up in my truck and I keep a lot of supplies in it. But I can't keep a tape gun. I've tried many many times. The part timer sups go through our trucks and take the tape guns.

I do keep a few rolls of tape in my supply bin and a roll of tape in my quick access tote. I tear the tape with my teeth. And yes I do take boxes all the time that aren't taped up. I don't take unboxed crap but I know and like almost all of my customers and yeah I'll take and tape their stuff up.

Heck I keep a lot of supplies in my truck. I guess yeah... Heck bro I must be getting old :(

El Correcto

god is dead
Oh wow you can keep a tape gun in your truck?! I have a nice set up in my truck and I keep a lot of supplies in it. But I can't keep a tape gun. I've tried many many times. The part timer sups go through our trucks and take the tape guns.

I do keep a few rolls of tape in my supply bin and a roll of tape in my quick access tote. I tear the tape with my teeth. And yes I do take boxes all the time that aren't taped up. I don't take unboxed crap but I know and like almost all of my customers and yeah I'll take and tape their stuff up.

Heck I keep a lot of supplies in my truck. I guess yeah... Heck bro I must be getting old :(
Why not just poke the tape with your pen? Much better than biting it you savage.

KoennenTiger

I remember the battle a few years ago back when the PT sups started taking all our tape guns. They have to take our tape guns ups only makes $6 billion dollars in profit a year. They can't afford to supply us with tape guns.

Some of my coworkers threatened to grieve them. "some rando PTer stole my tape gun!"

I mean I eventually hid one inside my supply tote, that has a lid on it, and my postal service quick access tote on top. They still got it.

UPS can't afford tape guns.

Saca La

What is it?
I would of slapped the call tag right on the fridge and send it off. No box. No problem. It’s going just like that. Here’s your receipt ma’am.

35years

Gravy route
Really?

Apparently you are just like management and don't understand what customer service is.

Now you just made one more stop for the next day.

You gladly take the box and tape it regardless of her attitude. And don't forget to tell her to "Have a Nice Day" kill them with kindness.

Yep
Then my route is tighter the next day.
1 more easy stop for tomorrow.

"Sorry, you will need to tape it up so I can pick it up tomorrow. Just leave it here taped up on the porch."

No time allowance for taping boxes, sorry boss.

Staydryitsraining

Went for a call tag and a woman gets to hootin and hollerin about how I’m supposed to have tape and tape her package. Very disrespectful. Since she was already holding the tag I put left tag at stop and walked away instead of arguing.

I have tape but only for packages I deliver to customers. If they’re super nice or elderly I don’t mind taping it up.

What would you guys do?
Same thing. Red dots love to hand over packages not taped. I say yes I cant take this un taped sorry.

purehavanne

Really?

Apparently you are just like management and don't understand what customer service is.

Now you just made one more stop for the next day.

You gladly take the box and tape it regardless of her attitude. And don't forget to tell her to "Have a Nice Day" kill them with kindness.
This psycho was making a huge scene. There’s no room for kindness in this one

purehavanne

If the customer is nice, then I would do what Jim Casey would expected us to do. But, we are not obligated to tape up pickups. It is suppose to be ready to be transferred to our care...we are not mobile UPS stores
Ups store in my neighborhood charges $3 to tape and pack boxes.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Depending on the attitude that I am getting whether I would tape it or not.....
I have had trouble with a particular customer and their outrageous demands. I had a call tag for pickup one day
The item is laying on the porch unboxed.
Leave RS1 tag.
Later, I get a message to go back and pick it up.
Even though I go right by their house to do pickups, I take a stand. Not boxed and taped...NO picky uppy.
They are not going to abuse me and get away with it. I simply cannot allow them to have it both ways.
Told the OMS to tell them to take it local dropoff.
Customers must be trained in the proper protocol.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
i thought there was a proper method in some training about what is allowed and not when it comes to open boxes. something about pilfering and hands in an open box

clean hairy

Wonder how Rod sealed up boxes since he was working for ups before tape was invented?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have posted this before.....

Several years ago, a woman accused me of opening a box I delivered to her to look through it and decide if I wanted to keep anything. She said that I taped the box back up and thought she would not notice.

I quit carrying tape that day. I was a cover guy for 15+ years. When I was on someone's route, I left their tapegun in the building, next to where their truck was parked. If I was running a crap wagon, I just left the tape in the building.

A couple of years later, I had an RS3 calltag for the same woman that accused me of opening her package. She tried to give me a box with stuff half falling out and I said, "You will have to tape that up, I'll pick it up tomorrow."

She told me to tape it up.

"Sorry, I no longer carry tape. Someone accused me of trying to steal something and cover it up by taping up the box. She ruined it for everyone. I do not carry tape."
She threw the box at me, told me to effen tape it, because that was my job.

NR1
The next day, the box was still on the lawn, where she had thrown it at me.
NR2
The next day, I did another route, which kind of bummed me out, because I want to NR3 it and I am fairly certain that the woman that ran the route, picked it up and taped it closed.
When I left we were not permitted to carry tape. It may tempt us to steal.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Id slap the label on the open box and toss it on the shelf. The refrigerator I woulda just taken it and put the label on the door and popped it under the shelf.