Customer Feedback on Access Points

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Bad analogy. If you're not there you get no pizza and no reattempt most likely. I get what you're saying though.
Yea I thought of that after...but if you're paying to get something sent to your house you shouldn't have to go pick it up..."customer service" my nutsack...most things people order they could go to target and get themselves but they get it shipped for convenience

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've always hated access points because of the image it gives our company. I think it looks terrible that if you're not home after one attempt then we just bring your stuff somewhere for you to pick up. It's this type of crap that is going to be the downfall of this company and make people choose other companies to ship with.

I think access points should only be used for high claims customers, NI3's, and as a service someone can CHOOSE on their own and not be forced into it.

MethodsMan

People order stuff often with the expectation it will save them time from going to the store and it will be delivered to their doorstep.

It takes away from the point of ordering online when they have to drive a couple miles after work to the seedy minute mart to sign over for their package.

What a stupid idea.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do pizza delivery guys leave your pizza at a liquor store two miles away? I'd be angry if I had to go pick up my stuff too.

No but if you live outside of their delivery area they will either refuse to make the delivery or will offer to meet you on road. They also add a delivery charge based on how far from their store you live.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

People order stuff often with the expectation it will save them time from going to the store and it will be delivered to their doorstep.

It takes away from the point of ordering online when they have to drive a couple miles after work to the seedy minute mart to sign over for their package.

What a stupid idea.

...or they know that they can swing by the access point on their way home from work and pick up their package on their schedule, not ours...

It would be nice if the customer had a choice in the matter. Some of my customers like the access point, others have it. I also have several packages a week that get returned, because nobody picked them up.

StoptheAct1212

I think it should be a option for customer.
a signature required package i definitely see going to access points on 2nd attempt, customer dont have to sit home all day, wondering if, or what time we are delivering..
And apartments, too much risk...
It may be a inconvenience for customer, but they will get their package

I think it should be a option for customer.
a signature required package i definitely see going to access points on 2nd attempt, customer dont have to sit home all day, wondering if, or what time we are delivering..
And apartments, too much risk...
It may be a inconvenience for customer, but they will get their package
The same thing goes for next day airs. They should not go to an access , unless requested

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I tell all my customers to complain and insist their stuff be delivered to the home only. I also tell them to call the shipper right away and complain. UPS will answer fast once accounts start going away.

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm sure access points exist in my area, but I've not had to deal with them yet. Living in a condo, with the same kinda layout as apartments aside from a staffed management office my packages are always left at the front door. I can definitely understand the annoyance of having to go somewhere else to pickup because a DR didn't happen, especially since I'm a midnight shift worker so I then have to either stay up late or wake up early to go to a business to pickup vs just checking my front door when I wake up. Also the stuff I order is almost always because I can't just go pick it up at a store locally.

I can see the merit of access points, but there definitely need to be tweaks to the system to make it work better.

By The Book

I think UPS my choice gives the customer the choice to have their packages delivered to their address, not to be rerouted. Is this still the case?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Who care$ what the customer think$? It'$ all about the $hareholder$ here and UP$ $tock is up 8% $ince the program wa$ rolled out in my area. They need to expand thi$ to busine$$e$ and call tag $ervice a$ well, IMO.

JL 0513

If you as a customer doesn't like it, get a better job and move out of your no DR ghetto.

OK, I'm kidding. But customers do need to understand that if they live in an uncivilized neighborhood or an apt building, and you're not home all day, it's going to get 3 attempts and go back. This way, at least you can get it 24-48 hrs later.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the program either but it serves a purpose.