Customer gifts.

The Milkman

I've received about the same amount of gifts as last year. A couple of gift cards, Starbucks and Target. Money, wine(don't drink) and a bunch of cookies. The QVC and HSN Ladies only come out during Christmas to hand you a gift, the helper ends up taken the money since he's the one running. Fine by me, they need it more than me.

Any of you getting gifts?

When I was a driver I had a rural rte. I got the route after 8 yrs as a split driver. My first peak one customer who got regular deliveries had a large wooden box by his garage for pkgs. I would put the pkg in and leave a Dn as a flag.
I saw an enevelope taped to his garage door window to the side that said Ups. I opened it and there was $60.00 inside without a card..That was nice.
The following year there was a card this time with $100.00 in it..That also was great but it gets better. I was on this rte for about 10 years before going to the customer counter in 2000.
I got married in early 93 and sent post cards to a few of my regulars as I was gone 5 weeks on honeymoon. Took all vac, sickdays and options in April ,had great center manager.
When I returned to work I was delivering to this house and as I was turning around the customer comes running after me with a card. This is the first time I ever met him. I spoke to him for a while and he said he worked for a large company and was let go because the company went out of business and he told me his wife made more money than both of us In NYC. Told me he was regular in Atlantic City and didn't bet less than 100 bucks on Bacarat.
Real easy going guy about 50ish. Beautiful rustic huge home surrounded by woods.
I don't think he was BSing me as other neighbors said that at Halloween the kids loved his house as he gave out all the good stuff.
Well to make long story longer that card he gave me had $250 in it!! Wow. What a surprise. And to top that that Christmas and the following years he put $300 in my card. One year he mailed me a check.. He did not get tons of stuff like the Mary K Queen Big Shot, who always had 7 or 8 pink cars in her driveway of her Million dollar home, and never even gave me a bar of soap after a year of tons of stuff. Then there was the dentist in town that I delivered to his office and home that had a Vette and Porshe along with the Suv that gave me some burnt homemade cookies along with a sorry looking tie....Makes you wonder..Many gave me 10 or 20 bucks..Again the guy that gave me 5 bucks who said that's all he could afoord living in not son nice old farmhouse meant alot to me as it was his appreciation of me is what mattered most..People are fickle and I was happy serveing them all year and a litlle thank you was nice a Christmas time.. I always remember anyone who delivers to my home no matter what as I once delivered papers and pizzas in my early days...:happy2:

SmithBarney

Made about 250 plus lots of food my first year at UPS... my 3-4 helpers got Lunch at BK a couple mornings after knocking out 700-800 pieces in 2-3 hours on the Main Street Shopping area. /QUOTE]

BS

No BS, had a 28foot straight truck, left the building at 10ish, had a handful of NDA to do on my way out, 10:30 I set up at first block, depending on day I would have 1 more handtruck than helpers, I'd load 4 handtrucks for 3 helpers, first one back gets the next loaded cart...
yadda yadda yadda until ~10 blocks later stop at Bk and feed my helpers. around 1:30..

I felt like I won the lottery for my first peak.. because my next task was the best part.
Hop back in the straight truck, drive about an hour, and pickup about 800 pieces from
an internet retailer they were nice enough after the first pickup to palletize everything
turning an long pickup into a quick painless few minutes.

Anyway.. back to the subject

So the same lady who gave me $20 before peak, gave me another gift. $12 today... I tried to tell her that she gave me some already, but she didn't care.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
4 boxes of 28 dollar chocolate, a bottle of wine, a bottle of canadian club, 10 bucks mailed to my building, as I am too fast for them to catch me, LOL, , several gifts I havent opened, lottery tics, 50 dollar visa card, 5 dvds, lots of hugs, and no I am not afraid of germs, My body kills them on contact.......(oil of oregano), lots of kisses, a flashlight, calender, screwdriver set, jewelry, and I deliver to a poor part of town. Merry Christmas to me!!

Tell me about oil of oregano, I catch everything that comes around.