What's the best/worst Christmas gift you've received from a customer?

GenericUsername

Last year I got a $250 tip in an envelope taped to the front door of a multi million dollar house. There were 3 envelopes, one for UPS, one for Fedex, one for USPS. I almost went back for the other two envelopes...damn RING doorbells!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
People don't tip much in the area I'm in, I don't expect them so I do appreciate the few that do. One of my favorite customers used to gift me a bottle of Macallan Single Malt Scotch every year, unfortunately for me he moved. The worst tip I got this year was a Mason Jar of homegrown hot peppers, I couldn't give those away. Part of my area has million dollar homes around a large private lake. I had a Delta pilot tip me five bucks last year, real generous. Another Delta pilot gave me a card yesterday with two twenties in it, I split that with my helper. The hugs from pretty women are nice, always appreciated.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
People don't tip much in the area I'm in, I don't expect them so I do appreciate the few that do. One of my favorite customers used to gift me a bottle of Macallan Single Malt Scotch every year, unfortunately for me he moved. The worst tip I got this year was a Mason Jar of homegrown hot peppers, I couldn't give those away. Part of my area has million day homes around a large private lake. I had a Delta pilot tip me five bucks last year. Another Delta pilot gave me a card yesterday with two twenties in it, I gave one to my helper. The hugs from pretty women are nice, always appreciated.
Ditto. The huge mansion houses a mile from the road have given me jack squat. A lady gave us a hundred a couple days ago when I hauled in a 70 inch tv into her house for her. Another person gave us $40 today. I split it with my helper both times. O, one last did give us cookies and a target gift card , I split the cookies and gave helper the gift card.

542thruNthru

Any cash tips I get usually goes to my helper. Get around $50 every Christmas. The alochol I always keep.

This year I got a bottle of Grey Goose, Jameson and a 6 pack of Space Dust.

Never had a bad gift that I can think of.

35years

Gravy route
I recieved an incredible gift this year.

It was from the mother of a terminally Ill boy on my route.

She loves God, as do I. They are a wonderful family. She gave me a hand drawn, framed image of Christ's holy face during his passion. She drew it herself.

I was really honored. Especially because it came from someone who knows suffering so intimately.

Merry Christmas everyone!
20181205_231814.jpg

CoolStoryBro

I usually get 1 or 2 gifts per year as I am not a bid route driver. Sometimes a phat zero. This year is probably my best as I've gotten 3 gifts. (muffins, gift card and chocolate).

Best gift was a couple years ago and it was a plate full of cookies. A guy in an extremely rich neighborhood walked out of his christmas party and brought me a plate full of cookies. I didn't have a delivery for him.

Worst gift was 2 cookies, last year. I gave one to my helper. Great cookies. Not a bad gift at all. but it was def the lowest effort and least amount of stuff for anything I've gotten.

Some bid route guys get thousands of dollars of stuff every year. Even though I've been delivering for 15 years I am infrequent enough and unfamiliar enough that no one really cares. I've gotten the "when is 'joe' coming back because I have a gift for him" line a lot. STFU with that and let me do my job.

Last edited:

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
From gift cards, money, cookies, customers/shippers who always order/ship heavy items who moved off route, what's been your best/worst?

For Preloaders too. How does your driver treat you?
Got a bottle of wine gifted to me on Friday, and the security guard upon leaving the building said I needed one of those ticket thingies to take it with me. So I gave it to him. Happy Holidays