Customer is always right, right

What about the footage from the security camera in the store or any of the customers who may have seen her do it?

Granted, the guy has zero credibility with UPS and a rude hourly from him would be thrown in the trash, but if anyone else in the store saw her do that and knew nothing of their confrontation what kind of reaction do you think they will have?
It's a different playing field if you are in street clothes and bump into the :censored2:bag. In uniform, you represent the company.
At least put on a FedEx ground jacket when you do it :teethy:

You are correct. Don't do anything that can be seen.

However, walking within earshot and cutting loose a "Eat a dick" whispered only to him is acceptable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was making a delivery to a residential customer on Thursday. The house was on a major street which is currently reduced to one lane due to construction. Normally I have enough room to pull over so that I am not blocking traffic but in this case I didn't so I threw on the 4-ways, grabbed the pkg and hustled to meet the customer. Meanwhile some idiot behind me decides to blow the horn as I am handing the package to the customer, who I know, so I said "bite me", which made him laugh. I then walked much more slowly back to the PC and took my time getting to my next stop.

BrownBuckaroo

Boxy Lady
tumblr_n1zmcpxlKw1tsafhwo2_250.gif
I politely request that you stop using my avatar as your own. Dave.

I was making a delivery to a residential customer on Thursday. The house was on a major street which is currently reduced to one lane due to construction. Normally I have enough room to pull over so that I am not blocking traffic but in this case I didn't so I threw on the 4-ways, grabbed the pkg and hustled to meet the customer. Meanwhile some idiot behind me decides to blow the horn as I am handing the package to the customer, who I know, so I said "bite me", which made him laugh. I then walked much more slowly back to the PC and took my time getting to my next stop.

That was completely amateurish and unprofessional.

The proper methods would have been to pet the customers dog, stop to tie your shoe, and pick a flower and smell it's fragrance on the way back.

Stop being such a runner/gunner.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What about the footage from the security camera in the store or any of the customers who may have seen her do it?

Granted, the guy has zero credibility with UPS and a rude hourly from him would be thrown in the trash, but if anyone else in the store saw her do that and knew nothing of their confrontation what kind of reaction do you think they will have?
I know where the cameras are, I know how they catch shoplifters. There was no camera on me. Besides I was showing off my smashed finger/hand
1404153717549.jpg

Johney

Security camera footage? She flipped someone off not robbed the place. Whose gonna come looking for camera footage?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Security camera footage? She flipped someone off not robbed the place. Whose gonna come looking for camera footage?
Exactly. I am not a perfect person, Yes I failed. WWJD? Probaly hit him with a bolt of lightening. I just flipped him a hand gesture. And smiled. I guess I could have shriveled up into a little ball and went crying to my truck. And let his terror from the day before win again. God forgave me.

Johney

Exactly. I am not a perfect person, Yes I failed. WWJD? Probaly hit him with a bolt of lightening. I just flipped him a hand gesture. And smiled. I guess I could have shriveled up into a little ball and went crying to my truck. And let his terror from the day before win again. God forgave me.
I would have flipped him off and called him an a-hole.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had a "customer" a few years ago really go off on me in a similar situation to the OP's, he even followed me down the street screaming at me at every stop i made(until I called 911)
We live in the same town, If i see him at teh gas station i'll gas up right next to him and STARE , when i see him at the grocery store i'll follow him around and STARE at him,usually with a big smile on my face. if I see him at Longhorns or Olvie Garden i'll request a table right by my buddy and stare at him the entire meal. He's actually gotten up and left a couple of times mid meal .I never say a word, just stare at him and it REALLY unsettles him. it's GREAT fun!

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a "customer" a few years ago really go off on me in a similar situation to the OP's, he even followed me down the street screaming at me at every stop i made(until I called 911)
We live in the same town, If i see him at teh gas station i'll gas up right next to him and STARE , when i see him at the grocery store i'll follow him around and STARE at him,usually with a big smile on my face. if I see him at Longhorns or Olvie Garden i'll request a table right by my buddy and stare at him the entire meal. He's actually gotten up and left a couple of times mid meal .I never say a word, just stare at him and it REALLY unsettles him. it's GREAT fun!

That stare down usually works. Most of the time those a-holes are cowards and will flinch first.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That is funny. Im not real good at intimidation. I wish I was
That stare down usually works. Most of the time those a-holes are cowards and will flinch first.
Big bullies, need a good ole fashion butt kicking. Not in my realm of possibility. Although I bet I could knock him out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a customer call the center on Thursday or Friday inquiring about issues that he has been having with deliveries to his home. Turns out the address was bad on the pkg so we ADC'd that and put it our for delivery, unfortunately, the package was misloaded and the guy won't be getting it until Monday. I guess he went off on our evening OMS, who is a 19 year old kid, to the point where the OMS hung up on him three separate times and now UPS Security and local law enforcement are getting involved.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We had a customer call the center on Thursday or Friday inquiring about issues that he has been having with deliveries to his home. Turns out the address was bad on the pkg so we ADC'd that and put it our for delivery, unfortunately, the package was misloaded and the guy won't be getting it until Monday. I guess he went off on our evening OMS, who is a 19 year old kid, to the point where the OMS hung up on him three separate times and now UPS Security and local law enforcement are getting involved.
Funny how that happens.
#1 There was a guy on a online ups chat, not this one, who threatened to shoot a driver, because in the cpad it said beat on door , customer hard of hearing. Along comes a new resi, and he said it was the sixth time, he jumped up scared to death when our driver beat on the door like that. Instead of just saying hey man, Im new here you dont need to do that. He threatens him online. Simple solution. Lp shows up cops show up, guy is all apologetic, just p'oed.
#2 Customer talks to my boss threatens to shoot me, next time he sees me, and boss asks me if I think he should call the cops? Im like geez I dont know what do you think? Different strokes, for different folks. People are terrible which is why I love my dog.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That is funny. Im not real good at intimidation. I wish I was
Big bullies, need a good ole fashion butt kicking. Not in my realm of possibility. Although I bet I could knock him out.
You win either way.

If you knock him out, he just got his ass beat by a girl.

If he knocks you out...... he just beat up a girl.

BrownBuckaroo

Boxy Lady
Man or woman. It really doesnt matter. We all show up in our browns looking exactly alike and doing the same job. I dont know anybodys name at work cause they all look the same. Ive just kinda often wondered though, If the men dont have to shave thier legs to wear ups shorts, do the women?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had a COD once for a little hole in the wall used car lot. Went into the office, there were 3 guys in there drinking. Got a bad vibe, but I stuck it out and tried to complete delivery. The owner announced that he wanted to try the product out (I think it was some kind of car wax) before he paid for it. I told him I couldn't do that. The guy reached down and cut the box open with a pocket knife while I was removing the COD tag. I once again repeated that that wasn't going to happen, and I'll bring it back tomorrow, and have a check for me. I was still bending over the package and he kicked me square in the ass, which brought roars of laughter from his friends. I told the guy I'd be back alright only with the sheriff and he was going to jail for assault. Called the center, they told me not to call the law, that they would have LP go back tomorrow and attempt to make the delivery. He did and they were gone. Every car was gone. The office was empty of furniture. Maybe he was a felon and another charge would send him to jail, I don't know. Never found out.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Man or woman. It really doesnt matter. We all show up in our browns looking exactly alike and doing the same job. I dont know anybodys name at work cause they all look the same. Ive just kinda often wondered though, If the men dont have to shave thier legs to wear ups shorts, do the women?
No we dont, and we can let our beards grow, and whos gonna tell us to shave, LOL. As long as you have the proper socks, its all good.