Customer won't call in pick up, calls in complaint.

upschuck

You know why we get the majority of Amazon returns? Cause we pick up our crap, unlike FedEx, who will have boxes sitting on the dock for a month.

Nine5

i got a guy who tries this all the time cheap prick......and the stuff he ships isn't small or light, I deliver him early in the day so if he has a lot I make him call it in, can't be tripping over that crap all day, and another driver picks up the same industrial park in the afternoon, so at least the on call isn't out of his way.

barnyard

KTM rider
If he has it ready when you are there, you are refusing service. Customer should not have to pay for that. I call the center to have another driver PU or do it later in the day.

But, I also take my full lunch on route and my dispatch reflects that. I might get hosed on a Monday, with a dispatcher that either forgot or did not realize I was doing the route, but it will be fixed on Tuesday.

Take your lunch, call in, ask for help with businesses and ask for help getting your air to the building. Do that enough and your route will be fixed.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Roll damn tide?

So then run up your miles and have your sup asking why you were over your miles or over allowed because you drove back to a place to do a FREE pickup? If the packages have to be sent out that day the customer can pay for a pick up or take them to a ups store.

We're all so :censored2:ing different. They don't say :censored2: about any of this in my center! It's only back first exceptions, seatbelt off while car moving, and using board while vehicle moving!

oldngray

nowhere special
If he has it ready when you are there, you are refusing service. Customer should not have to pay for that. I call the center to have another driver PU or do it later in the day.

But, I also take my full lunch on route and my dispatch reflects that. I might get hosed on a Monday, with a dispatcher that either forgot or did not realize I was doing the route, but it will be fixed on Tuesday.

Take your lunch, call in, ask for help with businesses and ask for help getting your air to the building. Do that enough and your route will be fixed.

My center had the problem of cutting too many routes because the bean counters said they could only run X number of routes. Not all stops are equal and every time they tried it the drivers couldn't deliver all the business or make all of the pickups.

Rinse and repeat.

It wouldn't happen again until there was a new bean counter and had to go through the same process again.

The drivers wanted to take care of their customers but realized service failures were the only way to bring attention to the problem.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am not in a bonus center, I do not care about allowances or any of that. If they do not want me to scan ARS packages, I won't.
It's just funny that they don't want anything put into the Dias that the driver can game...they honestly don't trust us...whatever scrubs

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
IMG_5631.JPG
I just leave all my misloads at a ups store...it'll get delivered eventually

crow27

No... this kid is getting screwed on this run... too many business stops....that's what happens when you run...
The previous driver had it for almost 10 years and it just became too heavy with urban sprawl in the area, lots of business parks and 3-5 story multi company buildings still being added. He admitted then that he had to sprint resi's off and usually took 30 min lunch, and it's even worse now...
It's a double edged sword though because the plus side is sups and dispatch know it's a fkd up route so they don't really harass me at all. The route is never cut, so while I have somewhat low seniority I work everyday going on 3 years because no one wants to or can cover it...the plan is to build up enough to bid off of it eventually.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The previous driver had it for almost 10 years and it just became too heavy with urban sprawl in the area, lots of business parks and 3-5 story multi company buildings still being added. He admitted then that he had to sprint resi's off and usually took 30 min lunch, and it's even worse now...
It's a double edged sword though because the plus side is sups and dispatch know it's a fkd up route so they don't really harass me at all. The route is never cut, so while I have somewhat low seniority I work everyday going on 3 years because no one wants to or can cover it...the plan is to build up enough to bid off of it eventually.
Of course your sups arent going to say anything... they know they have it good with you... their personal package donkey. Get on the 9.5 list, they already know the route is bad so they shouldn't have a problem taking off stops... right.

542thruNthru

I am on a business heavy route with a lot of pick-ups (85-110 business stops, 15-40 residential, ~30ish scheduled pickups). When businesses have unscheduled pickups for me most of the time it's no problem as it's just one, two even four or five I scan under special counts and keep going.

Today I got a complaint from a customer-- who regularly leaves pile of boxes at the front desk for me to pick up, which I do-- that I refused to pick-up when I simply asked them to call them in because it was 2:48 and I had to make another saver...I wouldn't have time to load up their stuff, cart it down the elevator and into PC.
Normally it isn't an issue although I've suggested they try scheduling a pickup, all she told me was "I called UPS and they told me you can't refuse a pickup" asking me my last name and what-not...sometimes my hands are tied like today to make a saver, and getting to the 30+ customers who actually pay UPS for me to come by.

My sup talked to me about it today and implied he doesn't want to have to get involved, and for me to be a professional bring in the volume etc. Am I wrong for asking them to call these in?

TL;DR- Customer wants free pickup everyday with their deliveries, says I have to take them no matter what (most of time I do, but couldn't today)

I'd make sure to deliver that area as early as possible for a few weeks. So early that this person would never have packages ready on time. Then they either have to call in a pick up or have it all leave a day later each time.