D.U.I.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a little incident many years ago that aligns with this. Continued w/out finding, 9 months probation and around 10k in court/lawyer fees. It would cost quite a bit more now, but it can be done.

Also, don't be surprised if your police report is a complete mess and a total lie. Mine was. I lost all respect for law enforcement due to the intentional lies (not errors, or mistakens) on there.

I experienced this 30+ years ago when my wife got a DUI. The arresting a-hole of a cop put everything he could in his report that would make my wife look as bad as possible if it came to trial--including that my wife resisted him when he put the cuffs on. This cop sold and serviced guns on the side out of his house and I just happened to be the UPS driver who delivered to him every day of the week. The following week I cornerd him in his living room and asked him why he wrote my wife up so bad when he knew he was lying. (I sure the hell would take my wifes word over his about how the arrest went down). After studdering and stammering and putting 2 and 2 together his only answer was " I fill out all DUI arrest reports like that". I would never admit to doing anything that would interrrupt his gun business but needless to say he didn't get the service he expected from then on out and the a-hole would literally run and hide if he saw me walking up to his door with a package for him. He made his wife (who I would bet money on that he beat) sign for his stuff. I lost all respect for cops after that incident. I could go on a rant about lawyers too but that is another story.

ltdan1138

Well Hiring a private lawyer is not an option for me. I work at UPS and pay for school, thus I do not make nearly enough to do so. Although, I appreciate all the constructive feedback, all I really want/need to know if UPS will do another background check prior to a PT supervisor promotion. I have gotten mixed answers saying no and some saying yes. I do not want to go to HR and explain because our HR rep is the one who interviews and runs the PT supervisor process. I am a great worker/loader and am perceived so among management and my fellow co-workers. I do not want this to change management's opinion for me. I would be embarrassing and I am quite ashamed of the whole situation.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Well Hiring a private lawyer is not an option for me. I work at UPS and pay for school, thus I do not make nearly enough to do so. Although, I appreciate all the constructive feedback, all I really want/need to know if UPS will do another background check prior to a PT supervisor promotion. I have gotten mixed answers saying no and some saying yes. I do not want to go to HR and explain because our HR rep is the one who interviews and runs the PT supervisor process. I am a great worker/loader and am perceived so among management and my fellow co-workers. I do not want this to change management's opinion for me. I would be embarrassing and I am quite ashamed of the whole situation.

When you apply for the PT supervisor position, you sign-off on UPS performing a background check as well as a credit check. I'm not guessing. Yes, HR & your management team will find out about the DUI ... but whether it will it hurt your chances for a promotion will vary based upon their perception. Like I said, I've worked with more than one person who's been promoted despite some skeletons. Some people care about these things, others don't. That's not UPS, that's just life. Might as well apply -- you have nothing to lose.

rod

Retired 22 years

Don't be ashamed-life will go on and a DUI isn't the end of the world. Now if you got a second one anytime soon that would be a different story